Strange Occurance!!!

J

JBGecko

Ok, I have had a Leo regurgitate some phoenix worms or mealworms before and when they do the worms are always dead. Earlier today I feed all my Leos and my female albino ate a ton. When I came home there were two phoenix worms that were crawling in the cage that she was watching. They were covered in a greenish watery substance that had what appeared to be urate in with it. It almost loked like she pooped them out, but they were still alive. So my question is, Can a Leo poop out phoenix worms that it ate and have them still be alive. Warm side of the tank is approx. 90-92 deg. she is on ceramic tile, has a moist hide and water.

P.S there was also a normal poop and urate in the cage.

fOOlsgOld

Someone else said they had their gecko do the same thing with those..... idk, never tried them with mine and am a bit reluctant to do so now.:main_lipsrsealed:

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
No way, no how. The acid content of a leo is strong enough to fully digest bug shells. A sick or cold leo may poo out a partially undigested bug, but a healthy warm leo can digest some fairly tough insects with ease. Beyond that...how is the insect suppose to breath while in there?

One of two things happened. The leo swallowed the bug whole, and quickly vomited it up near some urates...or the bug was in the area when the leo pooped and got covered in it.

Visit our friends