Swelling of limbs?

Arconna

I have a sick leo. He has lost a lot of weight and had an eye infection and two seminal plugs removed in recent months. He's not eating on his own, but is still very active and will take a puree food diet from me without problems. But most of his limbs have this bizarre swelling on them, especially on his feet and the joints where his knees would be and I'm not sure what the heck it is.

Anyone have this problem before and what did you do to get the gecko healthy again?

Arconna

I suspected that such would be an issue, so I've been mixing the powdered stuff I have in with the food I'm feeding him. His brother (half or quarter brother, I think) had MBD, so I was concerned. The swelling hasn't gone down though, so is the powdered stuff not easily synthesized in his system?

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Sounds like it could be gout, which a build-up of uric acid in the joints. It is quite painful, and can be fatal. This can be caused by tempratures that are too cool, too much Phosphorous in their supplementation, or dehydration. Only a qualified herp vet can accurately diagnose this problem.

Visit our friends