Too much posting

Leopardbreeder

I am just saying that SOME PEOPLE, not to point my fingers, are posting WAY too many half sentence, no reason, pointless idea fragments on the Leo threads. For one person I counted 9 posts on a single page. If you are going to post, make it a multiple question thread. Anyone else agree?

Example of an over poster:
Trader Rating: (0) 0%

I rounded the numbers up to protect the person....

Last edited:

ReptileMan27

Well, personally I do not see anything wrong with someone who posts alot, if their staying on topic, ask questions, etc.. whats wrong with that?, these forums like most are here to help people and give people a place to chat with other keepers. This would defently be a wasted post, no real point to it..

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
Matt, if you do not appreciate someone's posts, or if you would rather not have to scroll past them, you can put them on "Ignore." If you feel that someone's posts violate the TOS of the forums, you can click on the "Report Bad Post" button (little orange triangle) at the bottom of their member name / avatar area on a post.

Leopardbreeder

Sure, I could just ignore them, but what if it was a decent post that I could really help on? I am not saying that a post or two here about something that happend is wrong. But, there are people that just post a 4 word I dont know what to call it. And that is OK but not every single post of theirs. And usually, they arent even questions. Like someone posted 2 threads today, and everyone was asking why they would make a post like this, about NOTHING! One was even closed because people were complaining. Well any, I am only asking if those people can stop posting as many.

marula

well..sorry, but i need to give my point of view...i know..is not really politically correct..so, forgive me

i think this is a pubblic forum..and a forum need space for be alive..and this space have a cost...
i think is important that EVERYONE that use and enjoy this forum respect that is not a blog or a personal web site..
this is a forum (the best forum!) for all of us and i don't think is correct that some people use it for post 7-8 post in the same day with a ton of "nothig" only for write or show ATOOOOON of personal thing etc etc..

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
Leopardbreeder said:
Sure, I could just ignore them, but what if it was a decent post that I could really help on? I am not saying that a post or two here about something that happend is wrong. But, there are people that just post a 4 word I dont know what to call it. And that is OK but not every single post of theirs. And usually, they arent even questions. Like someone posted 2 threads today, and everyone was asking why they would make a post like this, about NOTHING! One was even closed because people were complaining. Well any, I am only asking if those people can stop posting as many.

Welcome to the world of message boards, Matt. :main_laugh:

If someone jeopardizes their "important" posts being overlooked because they post a lot of insignificant or trivial material, then that's just a risk they take. I really don't know what else to say.

G

GeckoMandi

I don't see what the big deal is, as long as it doesn't violate the TOS. I think the mods do an awesome job here at what should be on the forum and what shouldn't, so I have no complaints. If I don't feel I can add something to someones thread then I ignore it, but that's just me I reckon.

Mama always said if you ain't got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. (unless you got a better come back) lol ;)

Scott&Nikki

The only time that actually "bothers" me is when I post a problem I need answers to and I get pointless responses. However, that happens so rarely that I really don't think it should be this big of a deal. If it was a reoccuring problem in situations I just described, I would see your point, but personal thoughts posted in General Discussion and Show Off Your Leo threads for example.... that is basically what everyone does. I don't think length of post should make a difference. A thought is a though, and opinion is an opinion..... 4 words or 5000 words.

Just my thinking....

ReptileMan27

Its amazing, most forums would love to have lots of activity(posting etc..) and this forum does and people complain about it lol.. I run a forum and if people posting to much is a problem, its one I would love to have lol.

Val

ReptileMan27 said:
Its amazing, most forums would love to have lots of activity(posting etc..) and this forum does and people complain about it lol.. I run a forum and if people posting to much is a problem, its one I would love to have lol.

It's not a problem for us at all, we love having the members we do and the amount of participation. I think what he's trying to say is that a single user posted multiple responses to a thread when it could have just been done in one post. But, as already stated this is a public forum that can be used whenever and for whatever the member chooses as long as the TOS isn't violated.

marula

Val said:
It's not a problem for us at all, we love having the members we do and the amount of participation. I think what he's trying to say is that a single user posted multiple responses to a thread when it could have just been done in one post. But, as already stated this is a public forum that can be used whenever and for whatever the member chooses as long as the TOS isn't violated.
i complitly agree..
i love to see multiple post expecially in show your leos section :main_thumbsup:
what is not really nice is spamming personal things like in a blog or reply thousand time for say nothing :main_laugh: :main_laugh:
but i agree, the mod here do a perfect job..this is the reason why this is a really nice place

L

Lyndsey

Hmmm...that info looks like you're talking about me...I bet it probably is; oh well, like I care lol

Anyway, why are you so concerned with what someone is posting? It's not your board; if the admin and mods have no problem with it, then it shouldn't affect you. Put the person on ignore if you don't want to see their posts

Just because you find these threads/posts to be "nothing" doesn't mean someone else won't find them interesting/funny. Forums would be boring if they were taken very seriously all the time

Also, if you don't want to "point fingers" or make it obvious who you're talking about, then don't post the join date, location, etc. That pretty much singles out who it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Select Gex

Leopardbreeder said:
I am just saying that SOME PEOPLE, not to point my fingers, are posting WAY too many half sentence, no reason, pointless idea fragments on the Leo threads. For one person I counted 9 posts on a single page. If you are going to post, make it a multiple question thread. Anyone else agree?

Example of an over poster:

I rounded the numbers up to protect the person....

nice gecko

i mean.. oops? lol ;]

Sunrise Reptile

SunriseReptile.com
I'm going to be constructive here, but if you misinterpret then that's on you. So here it goes.

If someone posting often is starting to bother you, maybe it's time to get away from the computer? Go outside and enjoy the beautiful weather! I think there are other productive things that you can exert some energy on. If you look at this topic with a neutral mindset, you'll see that this whole thread is rather ridiculous. :main_yes:

GekkoGalaksen

Maurice...you put words on my thoughts!
Me, well I love the short postings...woow, stunning, nice and so on (I have never seen words like bad, ugly, urrk)
If the same person post a lot of time in my threads, thats okey :)
It´s the same with me...It´s not easy to translate your fellings ( I am not that good on english), so I often use the short way to express myself.

Keep on posting guys :)

Visit our friends