What would be my last chance this season?

skmcwilliams

I have a female that I am trying to add some extra weight on before breeding her but would love for her to produce this season. What would be the last month ( I know pending on her ovulating)? Any luck in starting a female in August or September?

Khrysty

As long as she's ovulating, she'll produce eggs. There are some breeders (and I don't condone this..) who breed year-round.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have had several females that I introduced to a male in August and have gotten several clutches each time.

Aliza

spykerherps

-sssSpyker ExoticSsss-
As long as the females are not producing year round that is fine. IMO You could breed her when every you get the weight on her.
when she has the weight to her (55 min. I like my females more in the 65 gram range when starting to produce if not bigger)take something from the male you want to use enclosure, what ever it may be, a rock, cave or substrate and put it in the females tub or tank. Give her two weeks to a month with it and she should likely be ovulating. I did this with several of my females who were not ovulating have gotten several healthy fertile clutches of eggs from them.

Visit our friends