Young gecko owner, need help

ameachor

I got this leopard gecko as a birthday present when i was very young, I’ve had her for around 5 years now but now that im growing up im realizing i havent been taking proper care of her. I’ve looked a lot more into gecko care and i’m now very worried that my gecko has developed MBD as she hasn’t been very active lately and i wasn’t aware of how crucial calcium was to leopard geckos. Just wondering what I should do— if she does have MBD, is it at a point where I am able to treat her at home and if so how, or is it better for me to find a new home for her?

Attachments

• IMG_1177.jpeg
    IMG_1177.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1178.jpeg
    IMG_1178.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
I got this leopard gecko as a birthday present when i was very young, I’ve had her for around 5 years now but now that im growing up im realizing i havent been taking proper care of her. I’ve looked a lot more into gecko care and i’m now very worried that my gecko has developed MBD as she hasn’t been very active lately and i wasn’t aware of how crucial calcium was to leopard geckos. Just wondering what I should do— if she does have MBD, is it at a point where I am able to treat her at home and if so how, or is it better for me to find a new home for her?
I’m not a professional, but she seems to be able to be to lift her stomach off the ground in th photo. What makes you think that she has MBD? Don not worry, we all make mistakes.

ameachor

I’m not a professional, but she seems to be able to be to lift her stomach off the ground in th photo. What makes you think that she has MBD? Don not worry, we all make mistakes.
Thank you
Mostly just the fact that she hasnt been very active and that I haven’t been giving her calcium. I’ve looked into MBD more and i’m feeling more reassured since she doesn’t seem to be showing any other symptoms

Thank you
Mostly just the fact that she hasnt been very active and that I haven’t been giving her calcium. I’ve looked into MBD more and i’m feeling more reassured since she doesn’t seem to be showing any other symptoms
Get yourself a useful calcium and multivitamin for your leopard gecko. I would recommend checking on Reptifiles and check out the leopard gecko careguide and the Calcium and vitamin Guide. I like Repashy calcium plus LOD for geckos with regular UVB and repashy calcium plus HYD for geckos with no UVB. Do research before you buy any calcium or vitamin products and your gecko would live a healthy life.

ameachor

Get yourself a useful calcium and multivitamin for your leopard gecko. I would recommend checking on Reptifiles and check out the leopard gecko careguide and the Calcium and vitamin Guide. I like Repashy calcium plus LOD for geckos with regular UVB and repashy calcium plus HYD for geckos with no UVB. Do research before you buy any calcium or vitamin products and your gecko would live a healthy life.
thank you so much!!

Visit our friends