A sudden death :'(

Corinthia

Corinthia's Page
We had been gone all day, and when we came home we took a little nap. When we got up, we checked on the geckos and found our largest leopard gecko lying silently on the ground. I blew on her to see if she would tense up, and she didn’t. We watched her to see if she would move and she would not. Finally we picked her up and she was completely limp.
I'm not even sure what to do now.... Its midnight here and I will not be able to have a necropsy done till tomorrow. :'( What should I do until now..... (her body is still in her tank)

PetVet

I'm sorry to hear about your loss :( RIP dear leo.
If you plan on having a necropsy done you can always freeze her body as a way of preserving it until you can take her to the vet.
I hope you are able to find out what happened.

Corinthia

Corinthia's Page
I'm sure I can bring her in tomorrow to have the necropsy done. Should I still freeze her body for just over night? Or should it be ok until I am able to contact the vet in 7 hours?
I'm sorry for all the questions, Ive never lost a reptilian friend before. Thankyou for the condolences.

Riyo

Pet Human
Do not freeze her. Put her in a ziploc bag and put her in the fridge.

I'm sorry to hear that :( I hope you are able to find out why she died. RIP

Corinthia

Corinthia's Page
Results are in: There was an abscess in one of the hemipenes, which became infected and spread though out his body. This caused his stomach and lungs to fill with fluid, thus he passed away. Our vet told us the infection happened fast. It was too late to save him. :’(
I seriously think my vet came from heaven. She did the necropsy for free (for learning purposes she said) and sewed him back up for us so we can bury him.

27852_383265619074_507039074_3854895_4819672_n.jpg

Last edited:

Visit our friends