Chat room behavior!!!

BalloonzForU

ALL GF.NET RULES APLY TO THE CHAT ROOM AS IF IT WAS ON THE OPEN FORUM!!!

I'm bringing the bellow warning from Kelli up to the top with a warning that GF.NET MEMBERS better read and understand they will be banned from this forum if they DO NOT STOP CHANGING THEIR USERNAME IN CHAT and adhere to ALL of GF.net's rules while in chat!! I've had enough complaints as of late and I'm sick and tired of it.

I join chat often and I can be pretty laid back but what has been going on in chat when I'm not logged in is really starting to tick "Fe" off and you really don't want to be on the other end of ticking me off. Many things have been brought to my attention about chat and as Kelli said we don't enjoy having to spend time checking the chat logs because a few of you can not follow the rules, so next time I'm just going to ban without a warning.

This includes personal attacks or talking about other people in a negative manor, if it's not allowed on the main forum, well then guess what it's not allowed in the chat either.

I hope I've made myself clear!! :main_angry:

Hi Guys-

I have been super busy and was not on GF that much recently, however a few issues have been brought to my attention.

Chat Issues

Our chat program automatically logs each and every word that is typed in the chatroom. Subsequently, I receive a complete chat log emailed to me each evening. I am the only one who has access to these logs and frankly, I do not have the time or interest to read them but I do have a folder in my Outlook Express that they are saved in. That's a good thing too because when a couple of people made me aware of what was up I was able to open up the logs and see for myself.

Some of the things that are going on in chat are not going to be tolerated here. The GF TOS applies not only to the website but also the pm system and the chat rooms, and it seems that some members here are choosing to ignore that fact for some reason. The thing that burns me up about it is that most are longtime members that know better.

I'm not too concerned about what goes on in private chat between two people (as long as it's not a problem ie. an older guy talking to a younger girl in an inappropriate manner etc.) so this applies to the public chat.

Here are some random things I saw earlier today when I briefly looked over the chat logs from the past few days. All are TOS violations:

-extremely foul language and very suggestive sexual talk

-people changing their usernames to impersonate another member or changing the name to anything other than your GF username (I know it's supposed to be funny but this could turn into a big problem if I allow it). PLEASE STOP DOING THIS!
-negative and hurtful remarks about another member's sexual orientation (of course while the member(s) in question was not in chat

I am going to be very clear and very blunt on this. If this crap does not stop, I will be banning those that are doing it. No warnings, no infractions, just - you will be banned from this website. Those of you that are doing it (and it's really only a few) know who you are, and so do I.

Let me also say that I am no prude in any way shape or form. I am a 15+ year listener of the Howard Stern radio program so obviously I find humor in sexual and racial issues. That being said, I have to base my TOS on all GeckoForums members, not just those that are over 18 years old.

Classified Ads

On a side note, something else I noticed while looking over some of the logs was some people complaining about receiving an infraction for violating the classifieds rules and how "stupid" it is to have a limit on the amount of bumps or ads that can be posted in a day. I had to laugh at them! I mean, I am offering them a place to post ads for free and they have the nerve to complain about receiving an infraction because they either A.) decided not to take the time to read the Classifieds TOS or B.) decided to ignore the Classifieds TOS. Of course complaining isn't against the rules but i just thought it was kind of funny. :D

OK so if you are going to post ads here, please follow the rules. :main_yes:

Username Changes

I am not going to be changing anyone's username any longer. It's getting ridiculous, and there are some people on here that are actually on their third username. I just don't get it. Anyway, choose your username wisely because from now on once you pick it, it's yours for as long as your on GF. :)

Thanks for reading! :)

LizMarie

There should be something in there about people flooding the chat with those sound things or smilies!

LizMarie

noooo the sounds are so cool and random xD

Once in awhile is cool and funny and enjoyable.

Not cool when someone copy and paste it ever 2seconds for like 5minutes straight, I had to turn down my speakers and block them just so get peace. That gets annoying.

LizMarie

Once in awhile is cool and funny and enjoyable.

Not cool when someone copy and paste it ever 2seconds for like 5minutes straight, I had to turn down my speakers and block them just so get peace. That gets annoying.

ugh i type like an idiot! I really need to read things before I post them, lol.

* Not cool when someone COPIES and PASTES it EVERY 2seconds for like 5mintues straight.

Sorry you had to read that gibberish before, lol.

Visit our friends