Debate: Tang Tornados

KelliH

BTW, here is my breeder male Electric that I hatched out last year. He has bred quite a few females and his color still looks great, although he was brighter when he was a subadult.

Last edited:

Ian S.

WoW!! You can call that guy whatever you want and I'll buy it. I've never seen such amazing contrast when the breeding cycle is underway. Beautiful!!

gko reptiles

A New Generation
Sorry Kelli,

I posted a new thread in business inquiry called "Bruce Stephenson vs GKO Reptiles EVERYONE PLEASE READ" if anyone is intirested!

B

Brian O

I have two shtctb females that I got from kelli last year. After laying 18 and 12 eggs they both look as good as they did when they hit breeding weight.

B

Brian O

Chad e I disagree with the adding comment. It takes work and luck as well with line bred geckos. Not every animal turns out a baldy. With line breds it's not a hit or miss situation. You have to study their development and have an eye for improvement.

G & M Geckos

Margaritaville Tour Guide
I saw some of Kelli's electric line at the last show we went to. They don't look like regular SHTCTs. The orange is several shades darker and brighter. Really bordering on red. Because of that I think it having its own name is warrented. I have yet to see Dan's or a tornado in person so I can't say for sure on those. It will be interesting over the next few years to see where these new colors will take us. SHTCTBs could look totally different in a few years.

Oh, and Jeremy I think the RRS is something that deserved its own name too.

eyelids

Bells Rule!
Ian S. said:
WoW!! You can call that guy whatever you want and I'll buy it. I've never seen such amazing contrast when the breeding cycle is underway. Beautiful!!

Ian in case you didn't know, he's on her available page... ;)

The NY Gecko

Don't Get So Carried Away
When oyu look back at what the fouding stock was, I'm willing to be they don't look anything close to what the new generation is. But let me ask you this, did somewhere down the line did the genes change? no, they did not. A new morph did not come out, the colors simply improved. In order to change the name, to me it has to be a new morph. To be a new morph, it has to have new genes.

brandy101010

Personally, I don't have a problem with the TT or the electric line having there own name. They are not like normal SHTCTB. Yes they came from the normal SHTCTB But there coloring is a lot brighter and if you put one right next to the other...well....it looks like a new morph to me! lol
I don't think it confuses things at all. in fact I think it makes things easier. Like everyone said Tangs look different from when they were first introduced into the market and they will continue to get better. renaming them puts them in a different category then the original normal looking SHTCBs. And I don't think tha tis such a bad thing.

DanTheFireman

I feel that when something is seen as a drastic improvement over both parents and will be in demand, a name can help to simplify things. It can also get confusing ; as an example, what do I call my Redstripe RWs ? If I call them Raining Redstripes it insinuates that they are from Jeremy. I sent Jeremy the RS/RW het male that he used but it was with his stripe tangs/het RW that he produced them. I feel that he should make the call. As that great philosopher, Pee Wee Herman once said "Your mind plays tricks on you, you play tricks back."

Jeremy Letkey

Jaded by reality!!
Dan, you can call your RW redstripes whatever you want. You put just as much, if not more into them as I did. I just hatched mine first. lol I'd be honored if you called them RRS. I plan on calling any amazing RW tangs that I hatch out in the future "Firewaters". :main_thumbsup:

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
DanTheFireman said:
I feel that when something is seen as a drastic improvement over both parents and will be in demand, a name can help to simplify things. It can also get confusing ; as an example, what do I call my Redstripe RWs ? If I call them Raining Redstripes it insinuates that they are from Jeremy. I sent Jeremy the RS/RW het male that he used but it was with his stripe tangs/het RW that he produced them. I feel that he should make the call. As that great philosopher, Pee Wee Herman once said "Your mind plays tricks on you, you play tricks back."

Good question Dan!! I think Raining Redstripes sounds way more interesting than Redstripe RW. (I also think Firewater is way better than RW Hybino). While, at the moment the only producers of the RS RW are you and Jeremy, there are a lot more people that will be making them in the future. So, in the short-term, it does insinuate that they came from Jeremy. However, I think in the long term it can easily be accepted as THE morph name, pointing to no one in particular. Did that make ANY sense?

DanTheFireman

Grinning Geckos said:
Good question Dan!! I think Raining Redstripes sounds way more interesting than Redstripe RW. (I also think Firewater is way better than RW Hybino). While, at the moment the only producers of the RS RW are you and Jeremy, there are a lot more people that will be making them in the future. So, in the short-term, it does insinuate that they came from Jeremy. However, I think in the long term it can easily be accepted as THE morph name, pointing to no one in particular. Did that make ANY sense?
It works fine for the Trempers. Instead of going thru the geneology every time, we've all become familiar with the Aptors and Raptors. I'm three generations past our first acquisitions of Redstripes but they're still Redstripes and all the credit goes to Matt at HQ Reptiles. We've outcrossed them into tangs and other lines but until something really stellar and different (like Raining Redstripes) pops out they're still "RS x tang", etc.

B

Brian O

This is for Marcia. I know she was looking for Bruce's but this is my female that just laid.
DSC01028.jpg

Visit our friends