Gecko Names

Laylay

I love reading every ones posts and enjoy all the Gecko Names. Some names I wonder what they mean or why did you pick that name? For fun I thought I would ask and start this post.

My Crested gecko is Lele. It is Polynesian for Leap. (My son spells is Laylay)

Gopherhockey03

I named mine Luna after Harry Potter :). Will be naming my two new babies once I find out the sex of them!!! But you can be sure they will be named after Harry potter characters!!!

Amanda1

3 Year Member
When I got Kai, I did a google search for gender-neutral names (since he was too young to tell the sex at the time) and picked one I liked. I named Petrie after The Land Before Time, since I adopted him with a uro named Spike (another name from the movie) and since he thinks he's a flier!

Laylay

How fun and creative, I like the Land Before time and Harry potter! Good picks. When I get Lele a friend I'll probably go with another Polynesian name.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Reptar! Good one! I love the themed names too! You guys are all so creative!

Eve Saint

I picked the name Diamond Dolce. She was the only ALL WHITE albino in her litter, so she was like a rare diamond to me. When I introduced her to SUNDAE the long tail lizard, she was very sweet to him and they get along well.
So I figured I would give her the second name Dolce for sweet. I named my long tail lizard SUNDAE because he is extremely tame and sweet like a Sundae.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Topping this thread to see what some of the newer members' and newer names have been lately! I know you guys have some creative ones. Let's hear them1

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
My holdback orange leopard gecko: Marigold
My new very light colored Afghan eclipse breeder: Almondine

Attachments

• AlmondineJan14.JPG
    AlmondineJan14.JPG
    780.4 KB · Views: 72
  • MarigoldJan14.JPG
    MarigoldJan14.JPG
    782.9 KB · Views: 70

LauraMI

Gibson for my Gargoyle. No idea where it came from... Like when I named one of our Uros "Marissa" or a fish "Montrose" or a tortoise "Gretchen". We have so many reptiles I stopped trying to look for names and wait for them to pop into my head. Waiting for it to happen for our new Crimson Giant Days.

Medic1167

My son named his two Gummi (after the lil dragon in My Little Pony) and U-turn.
U-turn got his name as that is how he was situated in the tank at the store, in a "U" shape. The clerk kind of nudged him so we could get a better look and he proceeded to walk across to the other corner and sat in the same position.
My Leopard Gecko got his from the first time I fed him crickets, his whole body shook along with his tail as he pounced.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I once took care of a pair of female leopard geckos whose owner had to leave town for a month and where one of the geckos was on medication. They were placid, sweet adults but the owner's nephew had named them: Slayer and Bushwacker!

Aliza

pecka

3 Year Member
I have 2 leopards I just got a couple weeks ago. I know one is a male and I named him Stan, short for Pakistan which is where they are from. The other I don't know if it's a girl or boy so I named it Moe which can be short for Mohammad or Maureen.

Sue

maxxdout

Not very original, but my little guy is named Tyler. That's what happens when. You have a 9 yr old child who picks the names lol

Visit our friends