Ghost Busters

Digby Rigby

The problem: Being in the chat then getting disconnected and then trying to log back in and getting :Sorry but that name is in use" its been 15 minutes and I still cant get in because of that. Another reason to be able to remove your own nick is sometimes people forget to log out from one computer, and when they get home or to another computer they cant log in because "That name is already in use. On our chat server which is part of IRC there is a command that can be used to get rid of the ghost aka unwanted log in it is: /ns ghost Nickname password

Is there a way to implement such a feature here?

Digby Rigby [email protected]

KelliH

Not sure but I can look into that... The chat is actually hosted on another site so I will have to play around with the settings there. Is anyone else having this issue?

Krow

Yeah, I had the same problem!! I would be in the chat, then it would kick me out, by then I would have been there so long it would have already logged me completely out, so I try to log back in & get back in the chat & it says that I'm still active in the chat room.

Krow

I am getting kicked outa the chat room A LOT, not just a few times, like every single time I get into chat.

leoman777

Yeah, I had the same problem!! I would be in the chat, then it would kick me out, by then I would have been there so long it would have already logged me completely out, so I try to log back in & get back in the chat & it says that I'm still active in the chat room.

thats happening to me too

Visit our friends