giving Leos a bath

S

skooge

I have read some posts about people giving their leos baths. What all is involved in doing so?

LeoMartin

Martin&Jackson my gecko's
I just put him in some warm bath water and let him soak and pour some water on him and he is fine.

fallen_angel

Fallen Angel's Geckos
We put warm water in a deli-cup (with a lid and air holes), and let the leo soak in it for about 30 minutes or so. We too don't do this on a regular basis, only if the leo has shedding problems.

mynewturtle

I just put them in a 6qt container with water(I cant explain right now.. im tired) and let them run around for about 20 minutes/drink the water.

I do this twice a month for geckos with shedding problems.

nats

If you have your leo in a single incloser, you can just remove everything except his humid hide and put it directly on the heat source.
Make sure you just have plenty of wet moss in there.

I like to avoid having to catch them if at all possible to avoid stressing the animal. Sometimes, I know it cant be avoided!! :(

Z

zzz888

You don't have to soak your gecko on regular basis, and it usually take 5~15 minutes , don't let him/her get cold.

nats

When I got up this morning, I found Newpy (my female M. Snow) in her water dish. She was half submerged with her tail hanging over one edge, and her head sticking up on the other. She looked like a tiny aligator :main_laugh:

It was so cute, I wish I had a picture!! :)

I have had other leo's do that too. So I always buy water dishes big enough for them to get in it and soak. :main_yes:

O

Overkill

here is my male taking a bath

Last edited by a moderator:

Visit our friends