Is my crestie sick or injured?

MoronicBehavior

Posted this on another forum and got no replies. I really need some help. I’ll preface this by saying my gecko Ziggy is what some would call a dwarf. He wasn’t cared for well before I got him. He has grown but is nowhere near where he should be. Last night when I sprayed him before bed, I noticed a small concave behind his right front leg. It’s not something I’ve noticed before. It doesn’t look normal. There’s no blood, doesn’t look like a gash or anything. He’s been eating fine and pooping good. I give him Pangea growth and breeding formula(the only one he will eat.) And twice a week he gets black fly larvae. A few months ago I put him in a bio active environment. The temperature stays in the high 70’s to mid 60’s. The humidity goes from mid 90’s to mid 80’s. I spray him once before bed at night. I also have dwarf springtails in there too. He’s the first gecko I’ve ever owned. So I don’t know if he is sick or if he hurt himself. I did take a photo but you can’t really see what I’m talking about. I’ll post it to show what area I’m talking about. Please feel free to ask any questions. I’d just really like to know if something is wrong with him. If I’m doing something wrong I want to know so I can fix it.
IMG_9662.jpeg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I looked at one of my crested geckos who was fortunately hanging out on the side of the enclosure and saw something similar. In general, if your gecko appears to be eating (not as simple as it sounds; sometimes they are eating but it's never apparent), is able to stick to the sides of the enclosure and is moving around the cage for at least some time in the evening it's probably OK.

Aliza

MoronicBehavior

I looked at one of my crested geckos who was fortunately hanging out on the side of the enclosure and saw something similar. In general, if your gecko appears to be eating (not as simple as it sounds; sometimes they are eating but it's never apparent), is able to stick to the sides of the enclosure and is moving around the cage for at least some time in the evening it's probably OK.

Aliza
Oh really?? I have checked on him since and I think it was the angle I saw him at. Though I have added a heat bulb because I think he has been in the wrong temperatures. He definitely eats and poops fine. And he does go on the sides of the enclosure and sticks well. Thank you so much!

Visit our friends