Just found my first baby mealies.... How do they get moisture??

Jeff876533

Jeffrayy
Hey guyz, im really excited because i just found my first baby mealies from my beetles:D but i was/am worrying, don't they need moisture?? What i did was i held my mist bottle about three or four feet over the bedding, and sprayed four or five times. Is this alright?? Im imagining so, but i need to be 100% sure. Also, is there any other way to supply moisture??

Thanks in advance,

Jeff K.

Zbiz

T.A.I.L. REPTILES
Well... i found my first tiny mealies a week or so ago. I have potato in the tub so if they want to drink it is always there. But i dont know exactly either. I kinda would like to know.

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
carrots, potatoes, apples, oranges etc. Misting the gutload may cause it to mold. with tiny new mealies I cut the carrots ets paper thin so they don't go bad before they are eaten.

boutiquegecko

How long from beetle to mealies did you guys have to wait. This last batch of mealies I got turned beatle faster than I could blink practically so I'm just going to start my own mealie colony. Any tips?

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
well after turning to beetles they start to lay, the worms may be too tiny to see at first but they hatch in about 7-10 days. I usually look for the gutload "to move". You may not see the worms but you will see movement in the gutlad becuase they are really really tiny but at proper temps grow pretty fast.

Visit our friends