Lay Box

geckoluv2187

Our female is newly pregnant and going to be laying eggs soon. I need to know if the moist hide is big enough for her to lay eggs. The current hide is about 7" or 8" long, maybe 5-6" wide, and only a few inches tall. I read that the lay box should be 8" long (or in diameter) and at least 4 inches tall. She wouldn't go in it at all and seemed really stressed out when it was in her cage. Then, I noticed some fungus/mold growing in the moss. I changed it back to the first hide, and everything is back to normal. I'm not having the problem with first hide, but I'm worried its too small for her to lay her eggs in. What do you think?? The tank is 10 gal just for some perspective.

Last edited:

shadowx362

Excellent Geckos
thats big enough I use a sandwich container and they lay in it find no problems. Its actually good so like two geckos cant fit in one container so the female doesnt get stressed with the others inside with her.

geckoluv2187

shadowx362 said:
thats big enough I use a sandwich container and they lay in it find no problems. Its actually good so like two geckos cant fit in one container so the female doesnt get stressed with the others inside with her.

Yea, I think ours is a sandwich container. Also, she rooms by herself, so she doesn't have to worry about other geckos.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Your container is exactly what I use, only I cut the hole on top for less mess, and I use eco-earth instead of moss. Either way is fine.

Aliza

Visit our friends