Lots of Spots question

curiousKathy

I have noticed that some normals that I have seen pics of have TONS of spots. Do high yellows not have as many spots? As they get older, do they get more spots? Or is it just genetics and luck of the draw? I would LOVE for Jackie to get bunches of spots...I think it is REALLY cool...but he is a high yellow, I think, and I am not sure if they get as many as a normal would.

Any thoughts?

curiousKathy

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
I have a high yellow that seems to have less spots now than several years ago. When he was a juvenille, his spots were quite solid and black; now he is 5 years old, some of his spots has faded away; and in general, the overall contrast is lowered (i.e. spots become dark brown and less solid). But that's just him. I do have another high yellow male that remained the same high contrast throughout the years....so, I guess it depends on the genetic?

curiousKathy

Thanks for your feedback....doesn't sound like Jackie will end up with bunches of spots...it will be interesting to see if he fades and loses spots over the years.

Thanks!

curiousKathy

Bodon

How old is Jackie, ive seen pictures of him and he looks pretty full grown to me so id say his colors are about done changing, but i could be wrong.

curiousKathy

Jackie is over one year old...probably about 14 months old, I am guessing. Guess if I want a dalmation gecko I will have to buy another one! Bummer! <smile>

curiousKathy

Visit our friends