Question on leopard Gecko and possibly of class pet

Ghostborb

Hey everyone! My name is Mia I’m here to ask if Leopard Geckos are a good choice for a class pet. My mother recently started working as a teacher again and wants to get a class pet.
in the past we rescued a chameleon who originally was a class pet and close to deaths door because of it. So we want to make sure if we get a class pet of our own what would be the best choice.
Thank you for any information and opinions on this matter, we don’t want to mess up any animal care or health when figuring out this matter.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Chameleons are much less hardy than leopard geckos and require more special care. Many classrooms have leopard geckos as class pets. The main disadvantage is that they are nocturnal so may be sleeping for a lot of the day, but many of mine are periodically out and about for parts of the day. Read up on their care. Provide a 20gallon long tank at the smallest, and please don't get the gecko from one of the big pet stores. I once did a presentation to an elementary school class about leopard geckos. After the whole thing was over, they showed me their class pet and it was in horrible shape (I knew it wasn't going to last long). There are healthy geckos at these big stores but don't take the chance.

Aliza

Ghostborb

Chameleons are much less hardy than leopard geckos and require more special care. Many classrooms have leopard geckos as class pets. The main disadvantage is that they are nocturnal so may be sleeping for a lot of the day, but many of mine are periodically out and about for parts of the day. Read up on their care. Provide a 20gallon long tank at the smallest, and please don't get the gecko from one of the big pet stores. I once did a presentation to an elementary school class about leopard geckos. After the whole thing was over, they showed me their class pet and it was in horrible shape (I knew it wasn't going to last long). There are healthy geckos at these big stores but don't take the chance.

Aliza
Thank you for the reply. This is probably going to be a few month process with deciding. We plan on doing lots of research on what ever happens and taking a lesson on what happen with my chameleon and her past home.

Visit our friends