Red-eyed blazing blizzards?

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
bro paul said:
Who knows!? Are their any other examples of "eye morphs" in other reptiles/animals?

The first example that comes to my mind is blue eyes in Shelties (Shetland Sheepdogs). What's interesting about the blue eyes in Shelties is that they are linked to "merling" which is a pattern mutation that only occurs on blue and sable coats. Furthermore, the eyes can either be solid blue, or they can have varying amounts of blue, and the left and right eyes aren't always the same.

roaches42993

Might get some from VMS at the next rep show... If I got 2 blazing blizzards with ruby red eyes and bred them what would my oppsring be ? and how would I get blazzing blizzards with red eyes ?

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
roaches42993 said:
Might get some from VMS at the next rep show... If I got 2 blazing blizzards with ruby red eyes and bred them what would my oppsring be ? and how would I get blazzing blizzards with red eyes ?
I've never bred two red eyed blazings together, so I can't tell you what to expect from breeding them. If I had to guess, I'd say that you'd get all red-eyed blazings since the red eyes seem to be less common (recessive?) than non-red eyes.

roaches42993

Nice . On page 1 GroovyGeckos.com says the lower incubation temps the darker there eyes get . does anyone know how low it has to get for that to happen ? (exact temps)

DanTheFireman

The good guys at Razorback, David and Larry were kind enough to send me a solid ruby eyed blazing, a snake eye and a regular. The eyes are very dark ruby, not blood red but more black cherry. It's easy to see by the photosensitivity which is which.

GroovyGeckos.com

"For the Gecko Eccentric"
Just like my Tremper Albinos, I would not incubate below 83-84 degrees. 86 degrees and above will give you the more red colored eyes.

Visit our friends