Roaches ill? Poop Q

Desdemona

So I recently cleaned my "roach motel," and noticed that they seem to be having runny poo. It was everywhere (there are roughly 75 of them as adults and I pulled a few hundred babies) and was a red brownish color. Other than that they all seemed fine. A couple of deaths but nothing more than usual and all adults. I found no dead babies and usually there is one or two of those. I even had more babies than usual.

Has anyone seen this, if so do you know the cause? I am guessing there are no roach anti-biodocs out there. Their diet can be random at times. I put more effort into gutloading my food roaches, the breeders just get random veggies. Though they do get roach chow.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

Desdemona

Could be, there was "normal" poop as well. They have a carrot heavy diet so that could be the explanation of the color.

5HiddenLizards

Tight Budget Herping
Could be, there was "normal" poop as well. They have a carrot heavy diet so that could be the explanation of the color.

That might be causing the coloration. I remember when we had crickets, their poo color would vary with what they ate. And it would get smeared around.

~via Tapatalk~

Visit our friends