Small hard cyst under skin

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
One of my leopard gecko has a cyst on his neck. It feels like a tiny 2-3mm bead under the surface of the throat skin (I can roll it with my fingers). There is no discharge, no change of skin color; and he is acting and eating perfectly fine. Shall I be worried about it? Or shall I take him to a vet? I don't know how long it's been there, I just noticed it last night.

JordanAng420

It's probably going to be much more of a problem to actually take it off and test it...if it were my gecko, i'd probably just leave it alone unless I noticed it getting bigger. Reptiles should not be placed under anesthesia unless they absolutely have to be.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
That's what I thought too, Maia. I try not to subject my leos to any medication unless it's absolutely necessary. Your avatar is awesome by the way. Thanks.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
I took MoJo to vet today, for my own benefit so I don't have to worry sick...Our vet drew out some liquid from the lump and tested it - no bacteria and acellular. It contains protein, the same composition as found in armpit fluid bubbles. In conclusion, nothing to worry unless it becomes very big and affect her everyday life.

MoJo is such a good girl, she stayed really still when the doctor put the needle in her. Oh, and of course, our vet confirmed to us that MoJo, even though has pores, is a girl!

Visit our friends