Tangs Alot

marula

..i agree with everybody...you have the most nice rainwater i've never see..but not only most nice rainwater...those geckos have a color more orange than a lot of raptor!

G & M Geckos

Margaritaville Tour Guide
Dan, Because you can never be sure what you will get even from the same pair year after year. I would say do both, line breed some and outcross others. You are definately heading in the right direction already though.:main_thumbsup:

DanTheFireman

G & M Geckos said:
Because you can never be sure what you will get even from the same pair year after year.
This is a very interesting observation. One parallel that I'd like to share is from my orchid breeding days many moons ago. There was a cross made by a top breeder in CA that had a super high average quality and won tons of awards. He remade it several times with the same parents, siblings, backcrosses - you name it. None of them came out any good. You never know how all of those variables will line up. It does seem that in the last two years that progress in these little animals has speeded up compared to the prior years, kind of like 2 + 2 = 10. Thanks for all of your input, it's pretty hard to keep up with you guys. You look Kelli's or Marcia's or many other sites and think " Now how the hell am I going to compete with that? "

P

pawsfoot

Dan I seriously don't think you give yourself enough credit here. You are definitely on the same playing field as Marcia and Kelli, you all produce lovely geckos. I don't think you have any issues with color in your geckos that's for sure. By the way, the little ones you sent me are doing great, they eat about 40 small supers/mealies a night. They are growing rapidly, I can not wait til they are full grown and I get to see the final picture, the color is already amazing.

roaches42993

^ I agree ive been considering getting one of your geckos to cross with one of Albey's thats how nice i think your geckos are

DanTheFireman

Thank you all for the encouragement. My buddy picked up the ncest male pure carrot tail with good orange body color from Albey at Daytona. I'll breed him to a few of these to see if we can incrase the tail color. BTW, Albey is one cool dude, as nice and laid back as they come, a real class act - not to mention that is animals are awesome.

Visit our friends