Update on my first Bell baby.

BalloonzForU

Well, She's a 2.5 months old now, and doing much better then she did the first month. As some of you know she wouldn't eat for me at all on her own. I fed her the "Slurry" for a month, which kept her weight at newly hatched, no more, no less. After a month I decided she needed to fight on her own, sink or swim. I'm glad to say she's been eating on her own very well now for about a month, and is up to 12g. Due to all the handling she's very very calm for a hatchling. I noticed the other day that she has some solid color to her iris in her eyes and managed to get a good pic. So here it is. Notice the nice color in her leg. :) I'm going to try to get some time later to take a few full body pics.

1Picture_407_op_800x431.jpg

BalloonzForU

Thank you. Yes slurry every few hours was not fun. The first time she ate it she spit it up on me. It was very hard with her size to make sure she was getting enough, not that she would take much of it at all anyways. I would put her on the scale and weigh her then feed her then weigh her again to see how much she ate. It was the only way I could tell if she was eating it, as much of it ended up on the paper towels.

BalloonzForU

Thank you Marcia and Jeanne. I just took those body pics an hour or so ago and I just opened her tub to show her to someone and she's in shed. So she should show even more color after she sheds. Yippy!

brandy101010

Glad to hear she is doing well! She is adorable! Bells are so cute when they are little!
Can't wait to hatch one for myself!

Ian S.

Very nice I love the snake eyeish thing going on!
Congratulations!!! I'm glad to see she pulled through for you. The sink or swim decision must have been a tough one. :)

BalloonzForU

Thank you, Nancy, Brandy, Ian.

Ian S. said:
The sink or swim decision must have been a tough one. :)

Yes, it was. But, I figured if she wouldn't/couldn't start eating on her own then it would be for the best to put her down. I had set a time frame and low weight, and if she didn't turn around then I'd have to let her go. :(

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
Great to hear she's doing well on her own now! She's such a cutie, Awesome!

Visit our friends