When is it okay to move into the bigger enclosure?

TimelessStorm

For Christmas i got an 18x18x24 reptizoo enclosure. My crested gecko is still quite small. I've also posted the current enclosure, just a little critter keeper. Sometimes i worry she (Im assuming she, not actually sure yet) is getting bored because lately when I open up the lid to give her fresh food and water shes been getting a bit adventurous. She hatched on October 7th and has been eating and pooping regularly. I plan to go bioactive, so it'll be at least a month before it's even ready for her. I also still have to get the heat lamp and stuff to make it bioactive still. I also just worry about making the change too soon. 1000003812.jpg 1000003810.jpg 1000003782.jpg

Attachments

• 1000003811.jpg
    1000003811.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
For Christmas i got an 18x18x24 reptizoo enclosure. My crested gecko is still quite small. I've also posted the current enclosure, just a little critter keeper. Sometimes i worry she (Im assuming she, not actually sure yet) is getting bored because lately when I open up the lid to give her fresh food and water shes been getting a bit adventurous. She hatched on October 7th and has been eating and pooping regularly. I plan to go bioactive, so it'll be at least a month before it's even ready for her. I also still have to get the heat lamp and stuff to make it bioactive still. I also just worry about making the change too soon. View attachment 82313 View attachment 82310 View attachment 82311
I don't have a crested gecko, but that critter keeper seems very small for that gecko. Moving the gecko to a bigger enclosure is a marvelous idea. But I worry that you might have trouble finding your gecko, or your gecko might be too stressed out because of the sudden enclosure change. (I'm not a professional)

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Any chance you can get a 10 or 15 gallon tank as a transitional habitat? When I got my first crested gecko (16 1/2 years ago, and he's still with me), I put him in a 12"x12"x18" enclosure even though he was only a month old and tiny. It was probably way too big for him but he did fine. I think the transitional enclosure would be good for him.

Aliza

Visit our friends