Youtube Video

Ruby

What type of lizard is this? It looks way different than a tokay gecko, or any gecko for that matter.
I'm thinking monitor, maybe?

Amanda1

3 Year Member
That doesn't look like a gecko to me. It's too skinny and the tail is too long. Plus, if that really was a tokay, those guys would be missing some toes or something. That lizard was way too docile and looked more terrestrial than arboreal. My guess would be some kind of monitor.

jenna

It looks like they faked a tokay, they head looks weird and in another video it looks like it wants to rubb its head?? Strange if I do say

GiggleSheep

When they export the geckos, they are paid for the weight of the geckos, not by how many they have. That being said, many exporters will do one of two things. They will either paint a large lizard to look like a tokay, or they will inject real tokays with silicone to make them much, much fatter. It goes without saying that neither method is pleasant for the animals involved, and it just demonstrates another reason why people shouldn't buy WC animals. This video demonstrates the first method, with that animal most definitely being a monitor.

Star1

When they export the geckos, they are paid for the weight of the geckos, not by how many they have. That being said, many exporters will do one of two things. They will either paint a large lizard to look like a tokay, or they will inject real tokays with silicone to make them much, much fatter. It goes without saying that neither method is pleasant for the animals involved, and it just demonstrates another reason why people shouldn't buy WC animals. This video demonstrates the first method, with that animal most definitely being a monitor.
That is horrible!!! I never knew that. Those poor animals :(

Visit our friends