Do I need a warning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
It was brought to my attention that several members are pissed and resentful that I have replied to posts on the "Geckos Wanted" Forum. Is this not OK? I know we are not supposed to reply to "For Sale" classifieds, but does this also apply to "Wanted" threads? If so, I guess I need a warning... :eek:

malt_geckos

Don't Say It's Impossible
Hmm. I have no idea if it applies to the "Wanted" one....??? It would be good to know...because I think I have replied to one also. I'm not angry with you... :)

Marcia- You're being naughty trying to help people out...tisk tisk tisk ... ;)

techgirl

What are they angry about? That you inquired to the ad or didn't do it privately? I don't see how one can get upset. They are looking for a specific animal and you are merely letting them know that you have or may have that stock available. In my opinion, I wouldn't be angry. But if you read the TOS, it sounds like only to correspond by email or private conversation.
"Replies to ads can now only be made by the person that posts the ad. All correspondence between potential buyer and seller must be done through email or private message."
I would leave this up to the big boss lady Kelli to decide.

Last edited:

malt_geckos

Don't Say It's Impossible
I think the issue is that people think they can't reply to the "wanted" adds...which I'm pretty sure you can reply to. So, they think that Marcia is using her "Admin Power" to respond.

L

lil_katiedan

Is this an issue regarding a moderator doing what a regular member can't do? I tried to reply to a wanted ad and it wouldn't let me so maybe it's just someone who doesn't see why you should be able to do something they can't. Although, there's really no reason to get upset, you were merely helping :).

Wezul

Golden Gate Geckos said:
It was brought to my attention that several members are pissed and resentful that I have replied to posts on the "Geckos Wanted" Forum. Is this not OK? I know we are not supposed to reply to "For Sale" classifieds, but does this also apply to "Wanted" threads? If so, I guess I need a warning... :eek:

There is one reply in the "For Sale" classifieds on the 5th, maybe that's what they're pissed about.:main_huh:
It was an add for "looking for a patternless", posted in the classified section so it did look like a wanted add.
Either way, if you were abusing your "Admin power" you would not have brought this subject up, you would just keep doing it. As I see it, you were only trying to help.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
"Replies to ads can now only be made by the person that posts the ad. All correspondence between potential buyer and seller must be done through email or private message."
Well, I guess I would say this would also apply to "Wanted" ads as well. I guess I was remembering when the 'wanteds' weren't part of the classifieds some time back. Pretty bad when a mod isn't even sure about the TOS, huh!

So, I'm going to do what a 'mod' should do according to the TOS and delete my posts. I'll take my warning now.

Sunrise Reptile

SunriseReptile.com
Here's my take (F.W.I.W.). If every member was entitled to reply, then no problem. I'm not sure why members shouldn't be able to respond to a wanted add, but I guess Kelli maybe wants us to respond via email or p.m.

On the other hand, if it is not allowed for every member, I can see why some would feel they were at a disadvantage. You have to be able to see both sides of the arguement, I suppose. :main_yes:

Sunrise Reptile

SunriseReptile.com
LOL...It wasn't from Paul, was it? :eek: I hear he's the grumpy one of the bunch. :main_laugh:

Seriously though...Marcia, I'm sure you just made an honest mistake. :main_yes:

techgirl

You got a warning? For real? I still love you Marcia. We all make mistakes. Do we still get to give you 40 lashes with a wet noodle? :p

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
ink_scorpion said:
LOL...It wasn't from Paul, was it? :eek: I hear he's the grumpy one of the bunch. :main_laugh:

No, it wasn't from me. I didn't even know that it was against the rules. I see a "Post Reply" button on every thread and can post where/when other members can't, so I had no idea that apparently moderators were the only ones who technically could post a reply to the wanted ads.

But "Grumpy?" C'mon people, having a low tolerance level for bull crap and immaturity doesn't make me "grumpy."

EDIT: And if Marcia was warned, I see no "official" documentation for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visit our friends