silk raptor?

cassadaga

Oregon Rainwater
I don't think it's any more unethical to breed this animal than it is to breed the first albino. If it becomes apparent that there is genetic weakness here, than it would be unethical to continue. If this animal is happy, healthy and strong though, I'd love to see where this could go.

Halley

I wouldn’t find breeding this animal any more unethical than breeding an enigma with enigma defects. And we all know most people working with the enigma have done that.

I think the main problem with scaleless reptiles is that people simply don’t understand them as they are far different than a reptile with a color or pattern mutation, and this therefore leads to fear…

Here is a thread about the scaleless ball python: http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/showthread.php?t=83721&highlight=scaleless

Different species same debate…

Isis

I think it is not such a big deal as you think- there are hairless guinea pigs, cats, dogs, mice and even more- they can suffer from cold but still, when provided enough heat, they can thrive. It is a matter of conditions we keep our animals in. Lack of skales is IMO not such a handicap that could make the "silk" leos suffer when they are provided good undertank heating. What is more, we keep more fragile leos - enigma crosses and MSS crosses and nobody has anything against it.

Visit our friends