***ATTN*** ENIGMA CHAT

K

knz-geckos

I'm here already :) I have a few questions to ask regarding the enigma problems.

dprince

Mod Squad Member
Poop!!! I totally missed it!!! :( I had to go to my inlaws for dinner, which took FOREVER!! Where can folks like me go find the chat log?

*smacks self*

Sandra

Yeah, how was it? I would also like to read the log.

I was dead tired yesterday an just went to sleep :eek: I wouldn't have typed anything coherent anyway.

P

PSGeckos

Sandra - well it stated off very well, civil and well organised, then it disintigrated into insults! :main_angry:

So some constructive questions were answered, but in all it wasn't a raging success in my opinion.

miamimike

Yeah....pretty much when Kelli couldnt give some people the answers they wanted they went on the attack....would have been nice if the questions werent so personal and directed at a certain person or two...but rather on what we can do to as a community to go from here. I think that is what the chat was supposed to be about...but it got much more into a blame game and when some people noticed that and asked it to stop things began to escalate. This is why I dont think we can accomplish much speaking about theories and speculation over and over and over.....especially in a public forum. If you want to find out all that we pretty much know on this morph anyone can read the many threads already posted on it. But to keep re-hashing the same old-same old is only going to continue to contribute to the negative and stand in the way of a progressing to any type of solution.
There are people now doing all they can to get some professional help in trying to help figure this out....I do not think anyone is suggesting we "sweep it under the rug" as some keep saying is happening.....but what good does it do to keep trying to place blame and point fingers at this point....and if ANYONE objectively read where that chat went...there can be no doubt that is where it was and was escallating to worse places.....and that, again, was not the intention of the chat and, in fact, things like that will only serve to put up barriers on the honest passing of IMPORTANT info.
The time for blame and personal attacks is through....it isnt going to help us get any real usable information....and it certainly is not going to help to get ANY info out of the ones being attacked. JMHO

Sunrise Reptile

SunriseReptile.com
You're right, Mike. I don't know how many times that I watched Kelly appologize for something that was a complete unknown to her, at least until the time it surfaced. And the pointless attacks that followed won't help the community progress toward a resolution or even toward answers to our many questions.

Since I missed the session from 8:00 to 10:00 pm EST, I'd like to see the log posted up also. And Thanks again for organizing this, Kelly! That alone shows that you're not trying to aviod ANYTHING! :main_thumbsup: :main_yes:

miamimike

......I just want to add real quick that I am not suggesting that anyone's opinion or ideas are any more important than anyone else's. I am also not suggesting that someone is not entitled to their own opinion on the way this whole enigma situation was handled from the beginning....
I am simply suggesting that we put our blinders on for a while and work on bettering the situation and finding useful constructive answers (once again, NOT sweeping it under the rug!) And the fastest way to this goal is to stop hurling accusations and start concentrating our efforts on getting some professional help for answers instead of the constant negative energy being wasted on this really beautiful new morph.

malt_geckos

Don't Say It's Impossible
So I guess this happened after I left... ??? That really sucks you know...people need to learn to bite their tongues!

Very well said Mike..

P

PSGeckos

Valid points, but this will be my last comment on how the chat ended last night.

All because we are in the UK, i felt we were spoken to and had rather sarcastic comments directed at us for simply being on the same side of the pond as KNZ! I felt that was very unfair and really not at all constructive.

We asked Kelli questions, i let the room know that our vet was taking in an effected Enigma next week to run tests, and shared things that other Enigma owners had found out to date.

At no time did i abuse Kelli, disrespect her, or anyone else in the chat room (Only stick up for myslef after someone made a smart ass comment about Mack snow poo, to everyones amusement) Very uncalled for IMO.

We've always maintained that we have and always will have the Enigmas best interests at heart and will share any findings we come across as stated in the chat last night.

miamimike

The mack snow poo comment wss made by me in an attempt to lighten things up a bit that were getting out of hand....little sense of humor from this side of the pond is all....sorry you found it offensive....but I must say also that I am a little surprised that THAT is the thing that sticks out in your mind as rude out of all that was said and the way it was said last night. But having said that, I respect your opinion and again appologize if you were upset by my sense of humor.

Last edited:

Sandra

What a pity that things ended up like that, when it could have been so constructive.

Even so, I would like to see the log to read the non-shameful part.

KelliH

There was only one person IMO that was being rude, childish, and just an out and out jerk, and that is knz-geckos. He got himself a one month banning from this website because of his behavior, NOT because he disagreed with me or anyone else, but because he was extremely disrespectful, almost to the point of being abusive, and as the owner of this website...well, I don't want him here until he can act like a grown up. He is obviously a troubled child, or has the mentality of one. My six year old has better manners than knz and I am very surprised that Ron Tremper would want such a person representing him in the UK.

PS Geckos, I think maybe what you saw last night was a group of gecko people here in the US that have known each other for quite awhile, and have been through a lot together, crack some jokes to lighten the mood. Some of us have a rather dry sense of humor, and maybe some of the comments could be construed as insensitive or something. I apologize if you got offended.

I thought the chat went really well until towards the end, and that everyone had a chance to ask questions etc. As far as a log, I did not log it but perhaps someone else did. Sorry, I had to leave at 10:30PM CST to finally eat dinner and get my child to bed.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
But to keep re-hashing the same old-same old is only going to continue to contribute to the negative and stand in the way of a progressing to any type of solution.
I agree, Mike. Complaining, pointing fingers, and blaming wil solve absolutely NOTHING. Instead of abusing each other, we could be using all that pent-up energy to join forces, stay focused, and at least TRY to offer suggestions on what we can do to understand what this is all about.

We are ALL in the same boat... no matter what side of the pond we're on.

Visit our friends