Can you?

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
I think its better to not kiss a gecko; however, how can you resist...? I kiss my geckos all the time (except when they'd just eaten a roach)...:)

By the way, since I have done this for so many years, I think I might have anti-bodies for samonella in my blood. :)

Last edited:

Wizardlizards

Fozzy Bear
I imagine that you shouldn't, since they can carry many germs...but how many people let a dog lick their face soooooo......:p

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
I don't kiss mine - and I don't think it's a great idea either. That being said, I think your chances of getting salmonella from a quick peck are very small (if any). (I don't like doggy kisses either - too much slobber and they smell!)

Thanks guys!!Mandi I know it kills not to!I haven't personally kissed one of my leos because i am afraid that i will get sallomenella.But you all kiss yours dunno i will think about that if I have a boring lesson in church this morning.(JK)

G

GeckoMandi

I don't do it on a daily basis but sometimes when I'm holding one and they look they are always smiling I give them a little peck. I always get sugar from my dogs! lol When I come home they attack me until I give them lovin.

boutiquegecko

MM, I wouldn't. I mean you should wash your hands pretty good after handling reptiles, so what do you all do, scrub your faces? I don't think you could get salmonella like that or the chances would be small, but salmonella is one of the most highly caught diseases in the US. The numbers are staggering. You can check the CDC websight for that, or I can try to get you the numbers just for 2006 alone.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Oh Boy, Gregg M would have a field day with this thread! :main_yes:

I can honestly say that I never have and never will kiss my geckos.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
leopardgecko95 said:
If I am going to start an argument/controversy with this thread then I am asking a admin to delete it,unless I'm not starting anything.

No arguments or controversy. No worries Mate!

Select Gex

If you're worried about salmonella, then watch your chicken. Salmonella from reptiles is produced from a dirty inclosure, basically an animal living in and eating it's own feeces. This being said, it can be found in around commonly kept, cheap, reptiles. These examples being turtles, or iggys. The reason the salmonella scare was so bad when baby turtles were mass produced and sold at every dime store is actually has a very simple explanation. The breeders of the turtles kept the turtles in very small ponds an fed them expired or low grade chicken breasts, etc, as a cheap food source. The salmonella from the rank chicken inturn harbored on the turtles shells.. so when a small child put his pet turtle in his mouth, he also put the salmonella covering the shell in his mouth as well.

Hope this helps.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
I kiss my geckos often, but they just want to lick me back. I've also kissed a few frogs in my life, but none of them ever turned into a handsome prince. Bummer.

LeosForLess

I see it this way, ppl say raw eggs are a breeding ground for salmanolla. When like 1/10000000 eggs have salmonella. So i doubt you will get sick. I dont kiss them just because, i jst dont i guess, havent relaly thought of it.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
leopardgecko95 said:
lol ok hey,when is abby's next operatiion???

I think I am going to wait until after this winter for her next operation. She is still recovering from the first one (She is doing MUCH better though). And, she is having so much fun being able to play that I would hate to have the other operation done and for her not to be able to keep playing. So, I figure I will wait until the Spring so she can have a nice break in between.

Thanks for asking! We apreciate your concern :)

Visit our friends