Can you?

P

pawsfoot

I imagine that you shouldn't, since they can carry many germs...but how many people let a dog lick their face soooooo......

Well before I was a nurse I was a veterinarian technician for small animals (such as dogs and cats) and reptiles. Anyway to my point. Technically dogs have cleaner mouths than people. They produce a special enzyme in their saliva that decreases bacteria. We do not have that enzyme. They are ranked somewhere to have the cleanest mouths of any animal, including people. The reptile scare is not always as true as it seems with salmonella. If you clean the tanks and keep your animals healthy than you should not have a problem, but if you keep a dirty tank I would not kiss the animal. Simply put, KISS AWAY if you clean everyday or at least take out the feces everyday.

P

pawsfoot

I really loved that job and I learned a lot of cool information and it has really helped me in my crazy keeping of a whole bunch of different animals. I know things that most people have never heard of and seen things that most people would freak out about. LOL:D

Visit our friends