Geckoforums disappeared?!

HugeGenes&LoLa

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the site? Matt and I (on our own separate computers) haven't been able to get on using "geckoforums.net" in the address bar, or even through google. I searched for a specific thread on google today, which was the only way I was able to get in. When I type in the address, the internet tells me the address is not valid.

KelliH

We moved to a new server yesterday. I'm not sure exactly why you cannot access the site when typing in geckoforums.net. I just tried it and it worked fine for me. Maybe try clearing your history and cache, then try again.

KelliH

Sometimes it takes some time for everyone to be able to see it and for the "geckoforums.net" as the url to come to the new server. What's probably happening is when you are trying to access the site that way, it's still going over to the old server, and since the site is not there any longer, which is why you are getting the "address not valid" message. Just give it a little more time. :)

Pookachu

I am the Chosen One
In my experience it can take up to a full day (but usually only a couple hours) for the domain name redirect to replicate on all the DNS servers out there.

Basically if you are having problems trying to access the site you can either wait a little bit and try again later or change the DNS server you are connecting to (easier to just wait it out)

But then again, if you are reading this now, the DNS server you are connected to already updated :)

Sometimes it takes some time for everyone to be able to see it and for the "geckoforums.net" as the url to come to the new server. What's probably happening is when you are trying to access the site that way, it's still going over to the old server, and since the site is not there any longer, which is why you are getting the "address not valid" message. Just give it a little more time. :)

A

aquailshope

It's still not working. Oh well, guess I'll just bookmark the homepage :) Very strange though...

I'm lost, then how were you able to make a thread if you couldn't reach the site? Or is there something I'm missing? :main_huh:

K

keepzrollin

Smooth switch for me..
just need to clear all cookies, cache, internet history.. and it should find the site fine.

HugeGenes&LoLa

Oh this happened a while ago... but I was able to find the site by searching for an old thread on google and clicking the link. It was when I typed the address in the address bar that it didn't work. But it's all working fine now! :)

fallen_angel

Fallen Angel's Geckos
one thing I do know is that typing in "www." before geckoforums.net was helping me to access the site when "geckoforums.net" wasn't working for me

Chewbecca

www.ellaslead.com
Yes, I am bumping an old thread.
I hate to, but I CANNOT start new threads.

Are we going to be able to start new threads again soon?
I cannot send PMs either, or even check profiles to get email addresses.

I'm not complaining, I was just wondering.:D

Kind of like, is it just a "me" thing, or is everyone else experiencing these issues too?

Did I miss an announcement or anything?

T&KBrouse

K, the Crazy Snake Lady
I was just going to post the same thing, Rebecca.
Nice to know it isn't just me.

P

PacHerp

same issue on my end, too... I'm glad I'm not alone... I thought I was going insane for a minute there!

Visit our friends