How many?

PrototypeGeckos

Just curious, I was at Paul Allens house awhile back and couldn't believe how many geckos between holdbacks and geckos for sell he had, and it made me wonder how many geckos alot of the breeders on here have. I personally only have 6 now but the number will be growing soon and I can't wait so lets see who has the most geckos they are taking care of right now? Thanks

IMacBevan

I've got about 38 - 40 adults along with about 20 hatchlings at the moment. My total rack capacity is about 50 adults and 36 hatchlings (if I keep them singly which I prefer to do). I'm holding back about 5 or 6 from this season that look promising.

Ian B.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
At the moment I have 8 adults, 3 juvie holdbacks from this season, 14 hatchlings and 7 eggs. I think all my breeders are done or nearly done.

Aliza

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
I currently have 1 egg, 4 juvies, 2 sub-adults, and 17 adults .... that will be changing in less then 12 hours!! Wooohoo!!

Last edited:

ExcessiveHerps

Leo Addict
IMacBevan said:
I've got about 38 - 40 adults along with about 20 hatchlings at the moment. My total rack capacity is about 50 adults and 36 hatchlings (if I keep them singly which I prefer to do). I'm holding back about 5 or 6 from this season that look promising.

Ian B.
I can't help but notice you saying you have 38-40 adults yet only have room for 36 babies, even if you bred just half those adults you'd need room for 3-4 times 36 babies. Do you not breed many of them?

IMacBevan

Normally, my year is spaced out from April through September. Usually, by the time the later season hatchlings arrive, I've already moved the earlier hatchlings. If you notice, I also have rack space in my adult racks. My adult racks are interchangeable between shoe boxes and boot boxes, so if I get in a pinch, I can house multiple hatchlings in a boot box. So far it hasn't been an issue for me.

Ian B.

ExcessiveHerps

Leo Addict
IMacBevan said:
Normally, my year is spaced out from April through September. Usually, by the time the later season hatchlings arrive, I've already moved the earlier hatchlings. If you notice, I also have rack space in my adult racks. My adult racks are interchangeable between shoe boxes and boot boxes, so if I get in a pinch, I can house multiple hatchlings in a boot box. So far it hasn't been an issue for me.

Ian B.
Yep I noticed you had room in you adult rack and figured you had a nice plan but I had to ask :p

As for my collection goes
5.9 Adults (not all are breeders)
3.4 2006 holdbacks
0.1 which I picked up for 07 season
So thats
Plus roughly 1 dozen 06ers for sale at the moment

BalloonzForU

5.13 adults and 30 hatchlings to subadults. Some of these are recent additions from Paul Allen, and some of the adult females have just reached breeding size.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
I have about 30ish Breeder Loes
1.3 Breeders Gargoyls
14 Cresteds altogether
1.4 Fat Tails
And, about 35 Bbay Leopards

So, About 88 geckos altogether (Although it feels like more when feeding and cleaning)

DanTheFireman

Can you say too many ?? Ran out of fingers, but I counted 132 breeders, 44 other adults, over 650 hatchlings and juvies plus another hundred or so eggs left - thank God we sold over 200 in the last month. I refuse to build any more racks. Wait, what's that rattling in my skull ? Must be a loose screw.

bro paul

brightalbino.com
DanTheFireman said:
Can you say too many ?? Ran out of fingers, but I counted 132 breeders, 44 other adults, over 650 hatchlings and juvies plus another hundred or so eggs left - thank God we sold over 200 in the last month. I refuse to build any more racks. Wait, what's that rattling in my skull ? Must be a loose screw.

lol Dan! Thanks for sharing. I feel much better about myself now! :p
650 hatchlings! You're mealworm/cricket supplier must love you.

Visit our friends