How many?

PrototypeGeckos

DanTheFireman said:
Can you say too many ?? Ran out of fingers, but I counted 132 breeders, 44 other adults, over 650 hatchlings and juvies plus another hundred or so eggs left - thank God we sold over 200 in the last month. I refuse to build any more racks. Wait, what's that rattling in my skull ? Must be a loose screw.

826 Geckos!!!!!!! I have no idea how you do that, thats just unbelievable, I bet it takes a team of people to clean those tubs!!!

gko reptiles

A New Generation
We have about 135-140ish geckos. We count every now and again, (we should just try and keep a runing number going...); but we're going to be vending at the end of this month, so hopefully our count will go down quite a bit! We have approximately 20 or so breeders, 70 or so hatchlings and the rest are sub-adults for sale.

DAN! HOLY COW!! Where are all of your for sale geckos? I wanna see some ads!!!!!!! lol (and 650 hatchlings? ...may the power be with you...LOL!)

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
Okay I counted. At the moment I have 20.87 breeders and 114 babies/holdbacks/future breeders. (that's just the leos)

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
Well I myself hang between the lines of "normal hobbyist" and "Completely insane" *cough*danandpaul *cough* This grey area is called the "Lost and Confused". These people are not sure if they want to jump in the black hole of obsession, when the "normal" line is still in sight. The wander around in a slump, not sure what to do. The gecko gods tell them to go into obsession, but those people are so crazy and scary. So for a long time, maybe even decades, we will remain lost in space so to speak. Confused on what our next move will become.

I have around 50 adults, about 15 eggs in the incubator, and about a dozen or so hatchlings for sale and 3 2006 holdbacks. I still have yet to see my other breeders go this year, and am expecting another 10 holdbacks and probably another 100-150 hatchlings. This is only Leopard Geckos.

P

pawsfoot

You're not weird I have 3, but soon to be 5. I do not breed mine and they just kinda hang out with me. I think if I had more time, room, and money I wouldhave a houseful like the other gys.

Sandra

pawsfoot said:
I think if I had more time, room, and money I wouldhave a houseful like the other gys.
So do I. Maybe if they are on the "completely insane" line we are the "poor as a rat" line :p

BalloonzForU

Sandra said:
I have the incredible quantity of......... one. It's seems that I am the weird one here :D

Not so weird, you have to start off somewhere just like we all did. Just takes one to start an addiction!

Last edited:
P

pawsfoot

Originally posted by Sandra
So do I. Maybe if they are on the "completely insane" line we are the "poor as a rat" line

Haha pretty much. I basically pay the rent and the bills and feed the animals. I have a little stashed away for emergencies, but working as a nurse part time and going to school to get my masters degree really has me strapped for cash.

waterfaller1

Sandra said:
I have the incredible quantity of......... one. It's seems that I am the weird one here :D
Me too Sandra...one is enough! Wow..if I had that many I would worry who ate last!;)

Kirksherps

how many

people always ask me how many geckos do you actually have? and i ratlle off some random number. so when i saw this post i figured i do some counting. here goes nothing........kirk

12.53 breeder leopard geckos
125 leopard hatchlings and hold backs ( just sold 65 at white plains )
146 leopard eggs cooking
2.4 african fattails (2 fattail eggs lol)
1.2.18 bearded dragons

now my head hurts thanks LOL

Sandra

pawsfoot said:
I basically pay the rent and the bills and feed the animals.

Just as me :D I'm also working part time, studying and living on my own. That doesn't leave much money and time to spend on geckos, but ooh... Time will tell.

Herpcam

bro paul said:
lol Dan! Thanks for sharing. I feel much better about myself now! :p
650 hatchlings! You're mealworm/cricket supplier must love you.

This post made me remember what I was told at the mealworm breeder this morning. They ship an order of 30 MILLION mealworms a month to a customer in Chicago. I wonder whether it's an animal breeder, a zoo, or for bait...

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
If it were a breeder, you'd think I'd have heard of them! That is a LOT of mealworms...it would take me a few years to use that many. Maybe they are into something other than leos.

T

TripleMoonsExotic

They could also be purchasing in bulk and reselling.

Visit our friends