private forum

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
I think this is a good idea...kids will get to talk about tv shows, music, schools and colleges. The general things that most school kids talk about! As long as it stays PG-13, I don't see anything wrong with it. How about it Kelli? :)

LeosForLess

RaiQuee said:
I think this is a good idea...kids will get to talk about tv shows, music, schools and colleges. The general things that most school kids talk about! As long as it stays PG-13, I don't see anything wrong with it. How about it Kelli? :)
Dont forget about pokemon

C

chamillionair

i am over 17, but i have to agree this is a great idea, but there should be like some sort of mod watching over them to make sure there not talking about things that are inaproprite(i could be that person)

The NY Gecko

Don't Get So Carried Away
chamillionair said:
i am over 17, but i have to agree this is a great idea, but there should be like some sort of mod watching over them to make sure there not talking about things that are inaproprite(i could be that person)
i guess your missing the point then. its like, our insiders forum, where we can talk about whatever we want. be it music, tv, movies, collegeles "pokemon" or people. and no chamillionair, not you :-D

C

chamillionair

but there should be some sort of a mod to be there to ot let anything inapropriate happen

G & M Geckos

Margaritaville Tour Guide
I think it is a great idea! The mod should be someone very well trusted by Kelli if not Kelli herself though.

gko reptiles

A New Generation
That's kind of the point of The Insiders. It's so that adults can talk about adult things in private so that the "kids" of this site won't be seeing things that the shouldn't. A "kids" forum would have to be moderated anyway... because it's the "kids" that are being protected* here. Also, if you guys wouldn't be talking about inappropriate stuff anyway, why does it have to be private?

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
So long as there are rules laid down, and a mod enforces those rules, I don't see the harm.

On the other hand....I don't see much point to it either. Anything that would be allowed there would be allowed in the general forums where everyone could participate.

gko reptiles

A New Generation
The NY Gecko said:
Because teenagers enjoy our privacy too. dont tell me you guys didnt want privacy when you were our age.

I know that I did, but what could you possibly be putting on here that is "private"? The only thing that I can think of is if you're going to be talking "smack" about adults... but there would probably be a mod! I don't think that there would be much harm in it personally, but if you're all under 18 it would have to be moderated for the same reasons that the regular forums are. If you want something to be private, PM it! or share AIM (or aol) screennames or something.

Kimjorg

agree with gko

I hate to say this NY Gecko but I completely agree with GKO Reptiles. why waste the moderators time but moderating a forum that has nothing to do with the point of geckoforums.net. If you want to talk about things off subject just go into the chat room and invite who you want. I joined geckoforums to talk about gecko related topics not things I could go on AOL or something else to talk about. Or post something up under general discussion and just ask all the kids to respond. I think that all the adults on this website would respect your wishes as long as you aren't talking crap about another member of the forum. I just really don't see what the big push is about to create another forum

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Hey Tom,

Did you ever think about building your own forum? Seriously, that way you could do anything you want. It can't be that hard, as long as it isn't too fancy, I am sure some people on here that know how to do it would be willing to help you out.

I am all for your own forum, but I agree that it would have to moderated, if you think about it, the "Over 18" forum is looked over by Kelli and Marcia, so why wouldn't yours be? I am not an expert on laws, but I am sure that if Kelli let you have an unmoderated forum, and something was said that shouldn't be said, Kelli would be in a lot of trouble. And, I don't think that anybody here wants that to happen.

Last edited:

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
All it takes is the wrong words now adays with kids, and your in jail. I would jump for it being moderated as well, but just having kids allowed in there. Under the age of 18.

Then they can talk about pokemon all they want :)

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
The 'private' forums here on GeckoForums.net are not what you think they are. They are for the moderators of this site to discuss decisions for the appropriate actions of certain posts, and for invited members to participate in private discussions. Here are the rules for that forum:

"This forum is a place to hang out and relax, participate in more adult and/or heated discussion, and vent about stuff that is getting on our nerves. This is the appropriate forum to discuss topics that are or could be more heated and/or negative, and to keep those discussions off the main board. Posts made in this forum are only visible to the Insider Forum members. What happens in here, stays in here, and is under no circumstances to be brought out onto the main forums.

This forum is not meant to be a war room so no fighting, no personal threats, and no one under the age of 18 is allowed. This is an invitation only forum, and members can be removed by the administration at anytime at our discretion. Additional rules may be added as this forum gets going. If for any reason you wish your access to this forum removed, please pm me."

Being a "Mod" is difficult at times, because you have to put personal opinions and feelings aside and make sure that the TOS are being followed. It means reading every post on thread (if possible), and making sure the content is appropriate for that particular forum and it's readers.

If you would like to have a separate forum for "Under 18" members, I think that sounds OK, but keep in mind that someone over 18 will have to moderate it for content, just like any other forum on this website. Just like the "Insider's Forum", the invitation and privilege to use the forum would be revoked if it was abused.

roaches42993

I don't see a point in that . the mods for is strictly to make sure the site is run smoothly . I joined this site so I could meet up with other GECKO breeders and learn more about GECKOS . If you want to post something like that do it in the off topic section and if its something you don't want to post here get a myspace or start your own forum (its not hard I made www.geckofile.co.nr in about 5 hours and thats more complicated then something you would need ) I like this site as a GECKO only site and I dont want to see it turn into an everything site (kind of sad but it slowly is ) . think about this .

brandy101010

roaches42993 said:
I don't see a point in that . the mods for is strictly to make sure the site is run smoothly . I joined this site so I could meet up with other GECKO breeders and learn more about GECKOS . If you want to post something like that do it in the off topic section and if its something you don't want to post here get a myspace or start your own forum (its not hard I made www.geckofile.co.nr in about 5 hours and thats more complicated then something you would need ) I like this site as a GECKO only site and I dont want to see it turn into an everything site (kind of sad but it slowly is ) . think about this .

I don't think this site has turned into an "everything" site. I actually enjoy the off topic fourms and Don't see why it is a problem. If someone only wants to read about geckos, they can only read the gecko related topics. But alot of us are pretty good friends and enjoy sharing about other things then just geckos.

About the under age forum....well...personally I also find it pointless but I understand that those not involved in other parts of this site may feel left out, so haveing a place where they can feel "special" for a lack of better words...is ok with me as long as it's moderrated and ok with the mods. I do think it would be kinda a waste of the mods time though....so I'm kinda on the fence about it.

R

RoseT

Well its all up to Kelli and her mods. I really see no point in it but it couldn't hurt either. So whatever Kelli and her mods do im fine with it :main_yes:

LeosForLess

I just think it would be good because some adults dont want immature stuff in some of the everybody forums, and i think tom kind of things of it as segragation, seperate bu tequal rights. If theres an adult form, he may think there should be a kid forum. And with laws and stuff, i highly we would be talking about sex, etc etc in it. The most of us kids who use the computer alot HAVE aim where we can talk about whatever we want. I think the way to do it would be have one kid moderater, but have an adult moderater who checks it once ot 2 times a week.

Visit our friends