Signatures

Signature limit?

• BB coding should be included in the limit

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • BB coding should NOT be included in the limit

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters

bubblez825

I agree about the BBCode not being part of the 400 characters. I also agree that there should not be images allowed in signatures. Images get annoying in signatures. But I had the same problem trying to edit my signature, I wanted to add different colors, and the color BBCode takes up a lot of characters.

Sooooo, I think that it would be cool if the BBCode was not included in the character limit, but the 6 line limit, font size restrictions, and no images rules still stood. Make sense?

This is exactly what I was trying to say ^__^ thanks Emily :main_laugh: I don't think I put it in a way that made that much sense LOL

KelliH

OK... here's the deal... The options for this program are:

I can either allow BB code or not (with the last upgrade I opted to allow it for now).

I have to specify the number of characters allowed. Right now it is set at:

"Maximum Characters in Signature Including BB Code Markup" - 400
"Maximum Characters in Signature Excluding BB Code Markup" - 200 (this option has always been set at 200)

I did change something in the cp to restrict the number of sig lines to 6 only, and because I did that I can increase the number of characters (including code) allowed. I upped it to 800, is that enough? (Sorry, I am clueless when it comes to BB Code. :D ) If you need more tell me.

However, I am going to update the T.O.S. and add that no more than 200 viewable characters are allowed in the signature area. The last thing I want is people with signatures that go from one side of the page to the other side, that is annoying. And you know some people here would do that! :p:p:D:p:p

Last edited:

bubblez825

OK... here's the deal... The options for this program are:

I can either allow BB code or not (with the last upgrade I opted to allow it for now).

I have to specify the number of characters allowed. Right now it is set at:

"Maximum Characters in Signature Including BB Code Markup" - 400
"Maximum Characters in Signature Excluding BB Code Markup" - 200 (this option has always been set at 200)

I did change something in the cp to restrict the number of sig lines to 6 only, and because I did that I can increase the number of characters (including code) allowed. I upped it to 800, is that enough? (Sorry, I am clueless when it comes to BB Code. :D ) If you need more tell me.

However, I am going to update the T.O.S. and add that no more than 200 viewable characters are allowed in the signature area. The last thing I want is people with signatures that go from one side of the page to the other side, that is annoying. And you know some people here would do that! :p:p:D:p:p

Thanks Kelli!!!!!! :smitten:

gm333

I dont think a picture sig is as annoying as the multicolor "rainbow" text sig. All in all we are all trying to gain more attention to our individual posts by placing text or pictures underneath. I agree some picture sigs can be annoying, but if kept within a certain size limit and within content it is less cluttering than multiple lines of words and links.

KelliH

I dont think a picture sig is as annoying as the multicolor "rainbow" text sig. All in all we are all trying to gain more attention to our individual posts by placing text or pictures underneath. I agree some picture sigs can be annoying, but if kept within a certain size limit and within content it is less cluttering than multiple lines of words and links.

Remove the image from your signature, please. No images are allowed in sig links at this time. Thank you.

Last edited:

kyahbean

Puzzle is my 2nd love.

I don't think people are trying to "gain attention" with signatures, that's ridiculous. It's simply a way to show a bit of personality, or share a link to a website, or note a quote you might find special or interesting. Mine is a quote I made up when I was a kid and I've used it as a signature for as long as I can remember.

The only reason I think pictures are annoying in signatures is because people usually put big pictures you have to scroll past to see the next post. Or they put sparkling animations, or any kind of animation, which is distracting and obnoxious.

I don't really think that a multi-colored signature is quite comparable to large images in signatures. However, if enough people truly find it annoying and distracting, I would consider changing it if the vote was strong enough.

*shrug*

Visit our friends