Ember..?

KelliH

No Raptors are patternless, with out the "Murphy" Patternless gene. Patternless stripe is an oxymoron. It's a very cool morph, but the name is ridiculous. The "Murphy" Patternless was around way before the Raptor and I spent half my life not needing to add "Murphy".

I hear ya. They were called Patternless for years and then someone decided to stick the name "Murphy" in front of it. It really is annoying how morphs are renamed and have multiple names. You don't see this with any of the other reptiles, just leos.

cassadaga

Oregon Rainwater
I started breeding leopard geckos when I was 12 years old, so yeah, that's pretty close to half my life. Especially considering I don't remember much of those early years any way.

Zach, I love your Patternless Stripes, they are gorgeous geckos and I think you have some of the best, but they do have patterns. On the head, tail and limbs. If they are patternless, so are Hypos.

robin

Oh come on Anthony that's not true. we have selective breeding efforts here man.:main_yes:

I have two lovely raPtors sitting in my reptile room that are in the 25 gram range now and are still completely patternless now and not a drop of murphys patternless blood in them. still keeping my fingers crossed. Its all about selectively breeding good patternless stripe type animals. studs like this.;)
3582944517_a4fe9106e8.jpg

I will through up some pictures of them and their parents later. and they are our first generation of raPtors hatched out here @ Healthy Geckos. What is to come?:devilish:

that's a patternless stripe not a patternless and what influences the patternless stripe is the hypo influence :D

thus a better term for them would be hypo stripes

robin

I hear ya. They were called Patternless for years and then someone decided to stick the name "Murphy" in front of it. It really is annoying how morphs are renamed and have multiple names. You don't see this with any of the other reptiles, just leos.

who is murphy and who decided to call them this? as far as i am concerned they are still and always will be patternless.

Taquiq

JK Herp
Pat Murphy produced the Murphy Patternless. But I agree, how do Patternless Stripes patternless?
To make them fit into RAPTOR and APTOR so the name sounds cooler?

spykerherps

-sssSpyker ExoticSsss-
that's a patternless stripe not a patternless and what influences the patternless stripe is the hypo influence :D

thus a better term for them would be hypo stripes

I know its a patternless stripe. it was stated as such. I am not the one that came up with all these morph names. The names have been established for years so lets just stick with them.

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
Zach, I love your Patternless Stripes, they are gorgeous geckos and I think you have some of the best, but they do have patterns. On the head, tail and limbs. If they are patternless, so are Hypos.

I think this just refers to the body of the gecko... The head, tail and limbs can be whatever... just like any other gecko, where the look of the name refers to what is seen on the backside of it, and not necessarily the head, tail, or limbs.

Pretty sure "Patternless Stripe" just refers tothe body of the gecko, and doesn't mean a "Patternless Stripe" down the head and the tail too. lol

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
Anyone ever thought that MAYYYBE the Patternless Stripe isn't really a oxymoron...?!?! Maybe it has 2 meanings, and 2 definitions that are combined, and not 2 words describing the same thing?? Maybe it is meant to be broken apart... For instance, "Patternless" meaning the body of it being patternless, and "Stripe" in reference to the dorsal stripe that you can still sort of see in Patternless Stripe geckos.

...So maybe it means that it's a "Patternless" body with a dorsal "Stripe" running down the middle of it... hence a "Patternless" + "Stripe" to create a "Patternless Stripe"

cassadaga

Oregon Rainwater
But if there is a dorsal stripe that is a pattern.

I don't think the name can be changed, and it's not something that necassarily bothers me, but patternless should mean no pattern, not reduced pattern.

cassadaga

Oregon Rainwater
This gecko here has less pattern than any Patternless Stripe, Aptor, or Raptor I can remember seeing, and it does not come from any of those lines. I would never have thought of labelling this as a patternless animal. It is a Red Stripe/Sunglow cross.

newhatch012.jpg

cassadaga

Oregon Rainwater
I think this just refers to the body of the gecko... The head, tail and limbs can be whatever... just like any other gecko, where the look of the name refers to what is seen on the backside of it, and not necessarily the head, tail, or limbs.

Pretty sure "Patternless Stripe" just refers tothe body of the gecko, and doesn't mean a "Patternless Stripe" down the head and the tail too. lol

That doesn't make much sense. What other morph refers to only what the back looks like? The other Patternless has no pattern on the legs, head, tail or back. Atleast none that are full grown.

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
That doesn't make much sense. What other morph refers to only what the back looks like? The other Patternless has no pattern on the legs, head, tail or back. Atleast none that are full grown.

Well hey, u never know... the person that orignally named it could have just been referring to what was on the body... eh, who knows anymore at this point... I almost am ready to give up on all of it, lol

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
But if there is a dorsal stripe that is a pattern.

I don't think the name can be changed, and it's not something that necassarily bothers me, but patternless should mean no pattern, not reduced pattern.

I agree that patternLESS should mean NO pattern whatsoever, but like i said "maybe it means 2 seaprate descriptions, with the 2 words just combined next to each other...

I'm simply just trying to broaden the horizons and possibly open the eyes to maybe, just mayyyybe it meaning something else than just 1 meaning, lol... instead of arguing over this and that... the fact of the matter is, that neither you or i created it, and it is not "our morph", so we will never know.

Visit our friends