Ember..?

cassadaga

Oregon Rainwater
Now ur just being Cynical. :main_thumbsdown:

No, I'm being real.

It doesn't matter who created the morph, it belongs to everyone. The naming of reptile morphs is very important to this hobby, because when you name a morph something it isn't, it becomes very confusing to novice keepers. Which isn't something we need, people come and go from this hobby at an incredible rate, an the easier it is for new people to understand, the higher likely hood that they will stick with it.

It's times like these I miss the Fight Club. Not because I'm angry with you Chris, not at all, so that we could really discuss the issue. Naming names and taking people with us. Haha.

cassadaga

Oregon Rainwater
Whether or not Ron Tremper created the first Patternless Stripe is probably debatable. I saw plenty of hypo stripes before the Aptor, but I don't believe they came from the same genetic path the Aptor did.

H

H.C.H.leos

I saw this and I couldn't help but wonder, why don't any of you contact Ron? Go strait to the highest authority. After all he is only the most knowledgable mind on leopard gecko genetics on the planet. He'll give you a strait answer and put an end to this confusion.

cassadaga

Oregon Rainwater
I saw this and I couldn't help but wonder, why don't any of you contact Ron? Go strait to the highest authority. After all he is only the most knowledgable mind on leopard gecko genetics on the planet. He'll give you a strait answer and put an end to this confusion.

I disagree with this statement in it's entirety.

robin

No, I'm being real.

It doesn't matter who created the morph, it belongs to everyone. The naming of reptile morphs is very important to this hobby, because when you name a morph something it isn't, it becomes very confusing to novice keepers. Which isn't something we need, people come and go from this hobby at an incredible rate, an the easier it is for new people to understand, the higher likely hood that they will stick with it.

It's times like these I miss the Fight Club. Not because I'm angry with you Chris, not at all, so that we could really discuss the issue. Naming names and taking people with us. Haha.

and i agree with this too :thumbsup:

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com

I wholeheartedly disagree with this 100% aswell.

This statement could not be any further from the truth.

For one, I know of a few people that i could easily say are the "most knowledgeable minds on genetics on the planet"... but then again, that would be my own opinion. No1 can know that answer and say who it is... One that comes to mind immediately is Steve Sykes... he is a Scientist by trade, and if you talk genetics with him, few people will be able to keep up.

...I can tell you this, though... RT is not all that great with genetics. He's not actually that good at genetics. You ask most people that know him, and they will say the same thing.

H

H.C.H.leos

Oh please you know exactly what I mean. My point is that its better to go and get some answers than pick out the specifics of peoples posts and argue with them. And I know Ron... and trust his opinions on reptiles. Never led me wrong... someone who is that experienced has got something to him.

cassadaga

Oregon Rainwater
Chris, there used to be a section of the forum called the Fight Club. It was 18+, and a lot of the restrictions from the TOS were lifted in this section. It came and went quickly, and for the most part was filled with useless jarbon that was mostly just adult fun. It could have had real potential as a place where we could put real opinions with out being vague.

Fight Club is one of my favorite movies, and books, too.:main_thumbsup:

cassadaga

Oregon Rainwater
Oh please you know exactly what I mean. My point is that its better to go and get some answers than pick out the specifics of peoples posts and argue with them. And I know Ron... and trust his opinions on reptiles. Never led me wrong... someone who is that experienced has got something to him.

I don't think it's better that way at all. Had we just taken his word on the Giants, we would still all think they were a simple recessive morph. A lot of people wasted a lot of money on "het" Giants that were actually the normal offspring of a incomplete dominant mutation. This arguement, or discussion, depending on how personally you take it contributes to the progress of genetic knowledge in the hobby in a way that asking Ron Tremper cannot.

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
Chris, there used to be a section of the forum called the Fight Club. It was 18+, and a lot of the restrictions from the TOS were lifted in this section. It came and went quickly, and for the most part was filled with useless jarbon that was mostly just adult fun. It could have had real potential as a place where we could put real opinions with out being vague.

Fight Club is one of my favorite movies, and books, too.:main_thumbsup:

lol, thats awesome!

Yeah, i think thats one of the problems as to why some people don't get what others say, and why some take things the wrong way on here... is cuz people have to watch what they say and be sort of vague on certain things, as to watch for the TOS, and this and that... so alot of things are left to interpret, and thats where "fights" come from, lmao...

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
I don't think it's better that way at all. Had we just taken his word on the Giants, we would still all think they were a simple recessive morph. A lot of people wasted a lot of money on "het" Giants that were actually the normal offspring of a incomplete dominant mutation. This arguement, or discussion, depending on how personally you take it contributes to the progress of genetic knowledge in the hobby in a way that asking Ron Tremper cannot.

+1! Very much agreed!

And on the "Giant" thing aswell... There are some that i have spoken with that do not believe his "findings" about the genetics of Giants... I have heard from a couple people that strongly feel that Super Giant x Super Giant does not make 100% Supers. And that Giant x Giant does not always make 50% Giant, 25% Normal, and 25% Super. And so forth and so on... That thru their numerous years of Giant/Super Giant breeding, their findings have shown that to not be 100% true. But again, it's all about Marketing, and able to sell it.

cassadaga

Oregon Rainwater
I agree, but at the same time I completely understand why the TOS exists. It's a shame we live in a world where Kelli has to protect herself from what some stranger on the internet might say about someone else. Luckily I think pretty much everyone on Geckoforums is a pretty nice person, or atleast takes on the role of a nice person while on the forum, haha.

robin

I agree, but at the same time I completely understand why the TOS exists. It's a shame we live in a world where Kelli has to protect herself from what some stranger on the internet might say about someone else. Luckily I think pretty much everyone on Geckoforums is a pretty nice person, or atleast takes on the role of a nice person while on the forum, haha.

not me <_<

well not all of the time :D

cassadaga

Oregon Rainwater
I don't really have an opinion on the Giants genetics, I have never owned even one. I had a friend who worked with them, and I was giving him a lot of help with breeding, but I didn't really see enough to have a solid opinion on their mode of inheritance.

robin

he is a wonderful business man :yes:

:thumbsup:

cassadaga

Oregon Rainwater
not me <_<

well not all of the time :D

I don't think being blunt, or passionately discussing an issue is being "mean", it's when it gets to a personal level. I obviously haven't read every post you ever made, but I've always thought you were pretty cool. I've been reading your posts longer than probably think too. I remember you from other forums, it seems a lot of us have moved around online seperately, but together, for the last decade or so. Haha.

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Just a little reminder that this thread has nothing to do with marketing strategies, ethics, or who is most knowledgeable about anything. So let's get back to discussing genetics.

I don't have a problem with the name "Patternless Stripe". I think that confusion occurs when people don't understand morphs and use Patternless Stripe and Patternless interchangeably. Patternless Stripes occur when Stripe and Reverse Stripe are combined, creating babies that hatch with a patternless body and striped tails. I don't see how it's so confusing. They don't usually hatch with Dorsal Stripes either. I think you may have been thinking about Reverse Stripes, Chris.

Visit our friends