Ember..?

robin

Just a little reminder that this thread has nothing to do with marketing strategies, ethics, or who is most knowledgeable about anything. So let's get back to discussing genetics.

I don't have a problem with the name "Patternless Stripe". I think that confusion occurs when people don't understand morphs and use Patternless Stripe and Patternless interchangeably. Patternless Stripes occur when Stripe and Reverse Stripe are combined, creating babies that hatch with a patternless body and striped tails. I don't see how it's so confusing. They don't usually hatch with Dorsal Stripes either. I think you may have been thinking about Reverse Stripes, Chris.

what do you think about people confusing hypo stripes with patternless stripes?

Gazz

See, i thought this meant raPtor... since so many "raptors" these days aren't actually patternless.

Ember is Talbino eclipse patternless.(Recessive,Recessive,Recessive).

Talbino eclipse patternless X Talbino eclipse patternless = .

Talbino eclipse patternless = EMBER.

Ron IMO should have bred the Eclipse gene into Patternless long ago.
And brought them out as RAPTOR's then RAPTOR X RAPTOR would have been truly been 100%RAPTOR.
======

RATOR is Talbino eclipse patternless striped.(Recessive,Recessive,Polygenic).

Talbino eclipse patternless striped X Talbino eclipse patternless striped = .

Talbino eclipse normal.
Talbino eclipse aberrant.
Talbino eclipse hyper aberrant.
Talbino eclipse striped.
Talbino eclipse reverse striped.
Talbino eclipse patternless striped = RAPTOR.

Gazz

who is murphy and who decided to call them this? as far as i am concerned they are still and always will be patternless.

Agree:main_thumbsup:.

Patternless-(Recessive).

Patternless striped-(Polygenic).

Taquiq

JK Herp

And brought them out as RAPTOR's then RAPTOR X RAPTOR would have been truly been 100%RAPTOR.
======

Talbino eclipse normal.
Talbino eclipse striped.
Tremper Albino Eclipse Patternless Stripe (RAPTOR) x Tremper Albino Eclipse Patternless Stripe (RAPTOR) = 100% RAPTOR

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
Tremper Albino Eclipse Patternless Stripe (RAPTOR) x Tremper Albino Eclipse Patternless Stripe (RAPTOR) = 100% RAPTOR

It's not that simple. Patternless Stripe is a polygenic (line bred) trait, so inheritance is not as simple as a mutation. Mutations are either expressed or not, polygenic traits can be expressed in varying degrees.

BSM

what about this 100% albino eclipse or tremper eclipse as i really think RAPTOR was a bad name but i can understand why he choice that as it came from his aptors

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
i really can't stand that word... talbino :main_rolleyes:

Lmao! I was just about to say the SAME thing! I've only seen this used by like 2 people so far, and each time i read it, i have to stop and break it apart real fast and think about it to realize it means Tremper Albino... lol

Who came up w/ "Talbino"? Just say "Tremper", if you are trying to make the word shorter, lol.

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com

======

Talbino eclipse normal.
Talbino eclipse striped.

What is all this nonsense, and how does it relate to my statement that you quoted...? lol

Gazz

Only Talbino eclipse X Talbino eclipse is 100%.Patternless striped is polygenic and hit or miss wheather you get it or not.

And if it is't Talbino + Eclipse + patternless striped is NOT a true Ruby eyed Albino Patternless Tremper ORange.

So RAPTOR X RAPTOR can give all RAPTOR.But Patternless striped is polygenic so getting that 100% of the time is't going to happen.

KelliH

I've bred my original Raptor pair (which ARE Tremper Albino Patternless Stripe aka Aptor) to each other every year since 05 and have produced nothing but Patternless Stripe aka Aptor Eclipses aka Raptors every time. Never a Stripe or Banded one in the bunch.

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
what do you think about people confusing hypo stripes with patternless stripes?

Here's a weird one for ya. We've got a pair (Reverse Stripe Tremper x Eclipse het Tremper) that produces Aptors that hatch as a true Patternless Stripe, then look exactly like a Hypo Stripe at around 20g, then darken to a full Stripe by the time they reach adult hood. How's that for confusing?

robin

Here's a weird one for ya. We've got a pair (Reverse Stripe Tremper x Eclipse het Tremper) that produces Aptors that hatch as a true Patternless Stripe, then look exactly like a Hypo Stripe at around 20g, then darken to a full Stripe by the time they reach adult hood. How's that for confusing?

wow! do you have any progression photos mel? that would be COOl to see!

Visit our friends