is a waste of time

The NY Gecko

Don't Get So Carried Away
silentjohn said:
Sometimes people want to rant and rave.....get over it. If the chat room isn't popular enough, do something to help it, or don't, but don't keep whining about it. Unless I'm mixing you up with another youngster, you have a lot of posts about "this person did this to piss me off", either you need to look at why you seem to be pissing off so many people, or not take things so personally.
Meanwhile, as Kelli mentioned there are already some topic chats. This forum is run by, and has some world class people on it, and one can learn a lot about Geckos here, so why burn bridges?
they can rant and rave, why cant i. kelli, give the minors a chat, all men are created equal, at every age.

and as a side edit, i am the one that got the whole daily chat thing rolling on fauna to begin with, so dont u give me hell about helping or not. i cant recall you ever being in there.

wilomn

No One of Consequence
The NY Gecko said:
they can rant and rave, why cant i. kelli, give the minors a chat, all men are created equal, at every age.

and as a side edit, i am the one that got the whole daily chat thing rolling on fauna to begin with, so dont u give me hell about helping or not. i cant recall you ever being in there.
Such a pleasant young man, surely one I would go OUT OF MY WAY to chat with.

And I saw a flying pig this morning too.

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
The NY Gecko said:

In case you failed to notice...this isn't the fauna chat. You could try to do the same thing here, but I'll I've seen you do is complain.

The Rant and Rave room has topics I wouldn't want MY child to see, and it doesn't matter if you like it or not, you are still a minor and will be for a few more years. Every one of us was at the same point in their lives as you at some point in time, now it's your turn. Just because you may have a decent education on things that may be talked about in there, it doesn't make it any more right for you to knowingly be exposed to them by people who have lived long enough to be considered "adult". Get used to it, cuz it's not going to change for another 3 years. One day in the future, you'll understand why you're not allowed.

The NY Gecko

So basically what im hearing, is that its ok for the adults to do theyre fair share of complaining behind closed doors, meanwhile, the minors who dont have that luxury get the shaft. its a wonderful system, lets keep it going, and Paul, nice comment, your my hero

S

silentjohn

The NY Gecko said:

Oh you are the one and only fauna chat god? I wondered who that was that basically made the fauna chat the legend that it is...................:zzz:

Maybe I wasn't there because I've got better things to do than listen to a kid with a piss poor attitude, who thinks everytime someone does something that he doesn't like, thinks it's a personal affront to you. I do plan on participating in the chats here, as I look forward to being able to learn everything I can about Gecko's, and what is being produced, and talked about, from people like Kelli, Robin, Marcia, and the others who have joined up, that I don't "know" yet.

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
Hey, you can complain, and you seem to do it just fine....you just have to maintain a certain decorum. One that is suitable for EVERYONE to see...including the 8 year old that may be peeking over their Mom's or Dad's or sibling's shoulder.

The NY Gecko

Grinning Geckos said:
Hey, you can complain, and you seem to do it just fine....you just have to maintain a certain decorum. One that is suitable for EVERYONE to see...including the 8 year old that may be peeking over their Mom's or Dad's or sibling's shoulder.
Well thats not a huge problem with me, according to the boards, when you signup, the only people that should be reading this are 13 and over. now while that may seem a little cold, its the truth. and john, im sorry your displeased with my attitude, but whatever. not a big deal. you know what, everyone who has some sorta personal beef with me i wanna hear it. i know theres some lurkers hesitating to post. i dont want another "favorite fauna members" sorta thing, but id still like to hear. send a pm, idc.

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
The NY Gecko said:
So basically what im hearing, is that its ok for the adults to do theyre fair share of complaining behind closed doors, meanwhile, the minors who dont have that luxury get the shaft. its a wonderful system, lets keep it going, and Paul, nice comment, your my hero
No, Tom. It's a legal issue. Adults can get in trouble for allowing access to adult material by minors. Plain and simple. Be mad at the world for the fact that you're not of age, but for Pete's sake, does it really matter? Will it matter at all in the long run? It's a freakin' chat room! Relax!

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
The NY Gecko said:
Well thats not a huge problem with me, according to the boards, when you signup, the only people that should be reading this are 13 and over. now while that may seem a little cold, its the truth.

Yes, but this is not a PG-13 forum...it's PG. Just because all member are 13+, the material in the general forums must be suitable for younger eyes to see. You should be posting as if someone's young child is reading along. Anyone old enough to work a computer (which is quite young) can come upon this forum and read...they just can't post.

Funny, you can argue and understand the forum members are suppose to be 13.....so why are you having such a hard time understanding adult content is for 18+, which doesn't include you because YOU are not 18+? As Paul said...it's a legal issue.

Last edited:

The NY Gecko

Grinning Geckos said:
Yes, but this is not a PG-13 forum...it's PG. Just because all member are 13+, the material in the general forums must be suitable for younger eyes to see. You should be posting as if someone's young child is reading along. Anyone old enough to work a computer (which is quite young) can come upon this forum and read...they just can't post.

Funny, you can argue and understand the forum members are suppose to be 13.....so why are you having such a hard time understanding adult content is for 18+, which doesn't include you because YOU are not 18+? As Paul said...it's a legal issue.
Thats because ive never really done anything that was fun and in accordance of the law. thats because, well, i wasnt consulted when the laws were made. :main_evilgrin:

robin

ok tom let me put it this way.
you seem as someone whom can not be pleased. this site tries to accomidate everyone. but since you are so bent out of shape about the entire chat thing and everything else go to another site since you are so dissatisfied. i mean why keep going some place you dislike so much and keep taking shots and jabs and whining and crying over simple issues?

robin

i would assume if these same issues and posts come up the mods will have to make some sort of decision on the posts and the poster. just stop it and chill and just go on.

Fedawg

PaulSage said:
No, Tom. It's a legal issue. Adults can get in trouble for allowing access to adult material by minors. Plain and simple. Be mad at the world for the fact that you're not of age, but for Pete's sake, does it really matter? Will it matter at all in the long run? It's a freakin' chat room! Relax!

Paul , does the topic me you and Felicia discussed last night happen to be adult material??

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
Robin...you might want to poke granny...she hasn't blinked in awhile and it's a little disturbing.

Tom....why don't you try getting into Hell on Fauna, or the War Room on TRR. You won't because it's the same thing....adult content is for 18+, and that just isn't you for another 3 years.

robin

shanti i poke her in the eye often to get her to blink but she just doesnt *shrugs* its kinda like my banana not dancing

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
robin said:
i would assume if these same issues and posts come up the mods will have to make some sort of decision on the posts and the poster. just stop it and chill and just go on.

Tom isn't the only member here who isn't allowed access...he's just the only one making a stink about it. So far Paul (LRL) and the others seem to understand....if not understand, they at least accept it.

robin

i know shantu i am refering to tom i should have specified. we have allot of under 18 members that dont make a stink out of it.

Visit our friends